Ribeyes with Cajun Shrooms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening smokers. Grilled up some ribeyes and stuffed some shrooms with goodness tonight. Thought I'd share. Shrooms were the star of the show.

Thawed some crawfish and steamed them
20200413_170342.jpg

Ripped their butts off and ended up with about a half pound of tails. Then got the cajun trinity (celery, bell pepper, onion) going in a skillet with butter. Once cooked down added old bay, minced garlic,salt and pepper and stirred until fragrant.
20200413_185441.jpg

Once cooked I poured into mixing bowl and added panko, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, half pound crawfish and 6oz crab meat and gave it a good stir to mix
20200413_191220.jpg

Cleaned out the insides of some huge portabello caps and scooped mixture into them. Topped with a little more panko and parmesan cheese and into a 350° oven for 20 min. While they cooked I tackled the ribeyes. Missed alot of pics but they were simple salt pepper and garlic. Onto a hot grill........
20200413_192532.jpg

While they cooked the shrooms came out
20200413_193820.jpg

Man what a treat these were and a meal in themselves. And here is the plated shot
20200413_201026.jpg

Washed it all down with about 8 Shiner Bock. This fella is fuller than I tick on a hound dog. Shrooms were out of this world.....and the ribeye was ok too

Very nice. I like ribeye but I'd trade the meat for an extra Shroom anytime. They sound amazing!...JJ

Looks awesome Jake ! Steak looks awesome but I bet that shroom was over the top good! Nice meal for sure!

Awesome looking meal! I'll take your word the shrooms were the star of the show, hold the steak and fill my plate with em! Never had them but you always make them look wonderful

Ryan

Looks good Jake! I like the use of the larger mushroom caps instead of messing around with the smaller ones for stuffing.

I still have 5lbs of crawfish in the freezer. I need to run this by the wife, she’d be all over the stuffed mushrooms.

Everything looks amazing Jake! Stuffed mushrooms are an all time favorite around here.
And your whole meal looks delicious!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky