CPB Center Cut Ribeye and Roots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So my work sent me these Certified Piedmontese center cut ribeyes as a thank you for helping recruit some key staff, so this is what I call the “bonus” meal!
IMG_7159.jpeg

I will note that these are cut thicker than the 14oz REs they have, so I’m hoping for a little better sear……

Seasoned them up with some salt, pepper, and classic olive oil…. I did happen to put them on the food scale and they were exactly 10.5 oz each.
IMG_7164.jpeg

I dropped them on the Weber sear zone on 3/4 high…. 3 mins per side…..
IMG_7165.jpeg

IMG_7166.jpeg

After the initial 3 mins they were just 100 INT so I moved then to the high rack of the Weber and turned up the searing burner to high to roast them……about another 90 or so seconds per side till 125…..then pulled them…
IMG_7168.jpeg

The extra 1/4” of of thickness did help get a harder sear for sure…..

These were seared up with some roasted Yukon gold wedges, pearl onions, and roots, with some seared baby Bella’s
IMG_7171.jpeg

I made up a Madeira beef Demi (beef stock, beef base, Madeira, soy, worsh, s&p and sugar, finished with butter, I just did it per taste….) to dress it and the roots……just tasty rustic dish!!!!
IMG_7170.jpeg

The money shot!
IMG_7172.jpeg

Man oh man these CPB cuts are just good! They are a clean juicy smooth beef flavor!

I will note that these can be cooked to a full temp lower than heavily marbled meat but yet they maintain the texture of the higher temp…. The other thing I have noticed is because they can be cooked to a lower INT they retain more juice and don’t “bleed” all over if you slice them to present them on the plate.

Last edited:
If I were on death row. That would be my final meal. Beautiful plate!
Thanks Nodak! Meat and potato’s right!
Great looking plate shot and I always love roasting my root vegs.

David
Thanks David, it seems we have been doing lots of them at our house….its a winter thing maybe!
Looks great! Yum!
Many thanks tpc!
YEAP! Looks darn good!
Thanks yankee! Winter comfort food!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great looking meal
Many thanks Jim!
That should get on the spinner! Amazing cook!
Much appreciated Steve! I will add that in my hast I forgot to add a bit a butter to finish the demi...... next time....yes there will be a next time! I think I've got enough CPB in the freezer now to have a sampling other week for the next 3 months now!!!

So my work sent me these Certified Piedmontese center cut ribeyes as a thank you for helping recruit some key staff, so this is what I call the “bonus” meal!
View attachment 683731

I will not that these are cut thicker than the 14oz REs they have, so I’m hoping for a little better sear……

Seasoned them up with some salt, pepper, and classic olive oil…. I did happen to put them in the food scale and the were exactly 10.5 oz each.
View attachment 683732

View attachment 683733
View attachment 683734
After the initial 3 mins they were just 100 INT so I moved then to the high rack of the Weber and turned up the searing burner to high to roast them……about another 90 or so seconds per side till 125…..then pulled them…
View attachment 683735

These were seared up with some roasted Yukon gold wedges, pearl onions, and roots, with some seared baby Bella’s
View attachment 683737
I made up a Madeira beef Demi (beef stock, beef base, Madeira, soy, worsh, s&p and sugar, finished with butter, I just did it per taste….) to dress it and the roots……just tasty rustic dish!!!!
View attachment 683736

The money shot!
View attachment 683738
Man oh man these CPB cuts are just good! They are a clean juicy smooth beef flavor!

I will note that these can be cooked to a full temp lower than heavily marbled meat but yet they maintain the texture of the higher temp…. The other thing I have noticed is because they can be cooked to a lower INT they retain more juice and don’t “bleed” all over if you slice them to present them on the plate.
Another home run by the Civilsmoker 🫡

Another home run by the Civilsmoker 🫡
Many Thanks RS!
Now that's a great bonus one fine meal !
Looks perfect to me 😍

Keith
Much appreciated Keith. I look at a few past steak cooks I've done and the meat and veg thing is almost like the jelly of the month for me! I could be in a club!

Reactions: 912smoker
View attachment 683731

I will not that these are cut thicker than the 14oz REs they have, so I’m hoping for a little better sear……

Seasoned them up with some salt, pepper, and classic olive oil…. I did happen to put them in the food scale and the were exactly 10.5 oz each.
View attachment 683732

View attachment 683733
View attachment 683734
View attachment 683735

View attachment 683737
View attachment 683736

The money shot!
View attachment 683738

mouth-waterin'

Damn Civil that meal looks and sounds fantastic. Nicely done all the way around.

Point for sure
Chris

mouth-waterin'
Thanks fx! It was just that for sure!
Damn Civil that meal looks and sounds fantastic. Nicely done all the way around.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Its about me an a plate. The only thing that would make it absolutely perfect is to have one of my wife's salads with it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky