Still in food coma here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks!
Dinner was fantastic last night.
IMG_20231231_123414802.jpg

Beef tenderloin with crab stuffed mushrooms, king crab, and roasted asparagus.

IMG_20231231_164715015 (1).jpg

Seared the tenderloin. And finished to 135 in the oven. Asparagus with spritzed with evoo and balsamic vinegar. And gave them a dash of fresh cracked pepper and salt.
Steamed the crab. These were big! But not the jumbos I usually get for the holidays. None to be found.
Served with unsalted melted butter.
The shrooms had a mixture of egg, bread crumbs, lump crab meat, Monterey cheese, lemon juice, and lemon pepper.

Morning folks!
Dinner was fantastic last night.
View attachment 684757

Beef tenderloin with crab stuffed mushrooms, king crab, and roasted asparagus.

View attachment 684758
Seared the tenderloin. And finished to 135 in the oven. Asparagus with spritzed with evoo and balsamic vinegar. And gave them a dash of fresh cracked pepper and salt.
Steamed the crab. These were big! But not the jumbos I usually get for the holidays. None to be found.
Served with unsalted melted butter.
The shrooms had a mixture of egg, bread crumbs, lump crab meat, Monterey cheese, lemon juice, and lemon pepper.
We ate crap all day. Pizza for game time 1PM. then cocktail wienies in bbq sauce simmered with a dip bowl of port wine cheese melted. Then something Linda picked up called taquitas.(frozen mini burritos. we had no left overs.

Reactions: JLeonard
Fantastic plate shot Steve. Meal fit for a king.
We always do our fancy dinner on Christmas and most generally have king crab in the mix some how, this year it was 30.00 a pound here, just curious what your price is this year?

Looks great Steve . I'm doing mine tonight .
Thanks Chop!

SH, Nice dinner, way better than going out !
Thanks!

We ate crap all day. Pizza for game time 1PM. then cocktail wienies in bbq sauce simmered with a dip bowl of port wine cheese melted. Then something Linda picked up called taquitas.(frozen mini burritos. we had no left overs.
We're doing that today. Deep fried shrimp, mushrooms, mozz sticks, poppers, and chicken fingers.

Fantastic plate shot Steve. Meal fit for a king.
We always do our fancy dinner on Christmas and most generally have king crab in the mix some how, this year it was 30.00 a pound here, just curious what your price is this year?
Thanks! These were Red King crab at 39.00 a pound. I wanted Alaskan king. But not at 52.00 a pound!

Looks great Steve! Just as I expected it would!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Hey Steve, don’t tell anyone but I really like your legs!
Lol! That'll be our secret!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: flatbroke
Fantastic looking meal there Steve! I can't say I have ever had crab legs, wouldn't know how to eat them. Being from Kansas, that is about as far away from a crab as one can get. 😆

Reactions: halleoneagain
MERCY, Steve!! I'd still be in a food coma, too!! Mighty fine looking meal. I can't find king crab around me, snow crab is everywhere...

Fantastic looking meal there Steve! I can't say I have ever had crab legs, wouldn't know how to eat them. Being from Kansas, that is about as far away from a crab as one can get. 😆
Thanks! You get them delivered. Easy to prepare and eat.

MERCY, Steve!! I'd still be in a food coma, too!! Mighty fine looking meal. I can't find king crab around me, snow crab is everywhere...
Lol! I'm just recovering! Snow crab is tasty. But a lot of work eating it!

Dang! Hate I couldn’t book a flight…..that is a great looking plate.

Jim
Lol! Thanks Jim! The crab was out of the world delicious.

Reactions: JLeonard
I would be laid up for a couple days also with that feast. Your right, snow crab or tasty little devils if ya donate go bonkers trying to get to the meat.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Steve that's a meal fit for a king! I'd be in a food coma too. I can't remember the last time I had crab legs. I'll have to get some.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky