Pork Tenderloin Medallions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
A couple of days ago, Retired Spook Retired Spook posted a thread about them. I had taken out a couple to cook, but things happen and today I finally got them done.

Trimmed up and wrapped them with my newly minted buckboard bacon...😄
20240127_163231[1].jpg

20240127_163440[1].jpg

Cut between the bacon into individual 'steaks', about 1½" thick...
20240127_163553[1].jpg

Seasoned with a low salt rub. Left some unwrapped and seasoned them with coarse salt and cracked black pepper...
20240127_164408[1].jpg

On the kettle off the flame with some lump and oak splits...
20240127_171401[1].jpg

Done...
20240127_174522[1].jpg

Drizzled a little Kinder's Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce on top...
20240127_175022[1].jpg

Made a pot of pintos seasoned with...yes, you guessed, some of the bacon pieces from yesterday...
20240127_180233[1].jpg

A good friend works at a local farm and when they pick Brussel sprouts, the small ones are usually thrown away. She'll pick them and give them to us. Coated with EVOO and coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Roasted in the oven at 450℉ until they get a little black...
20240127_174806[1].jpg

Time to eat...
20240127_183855[1].jpg

Tenderloin was a little overdone, but unlike pork chops, it is somewhat forgiving...

Beautiful cook Charles! I can't keep up with my to do list and you keep adding to it!

Ryan

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Great cook and plate Charles !
I'd be as full as a tick with those vittles😂 I tried that sauce last weekend and we love it!

Keith

Last edited:
That is some top notch stuff there Charles… nicely done and BBB goes with everything!!

Oh man, slap a bib on me and I’d have dove in head first! 😉
Dive on in, Justin, but be sure to come up for air...😂 I appreciate the kind words...
That looks fantastic Charles. Id be hitting that like ant on a sugar cube. Nice work Sir.
Thank you Eric...
Nothing on that plate I don't like!
Be on it like a chicken chasing a June Bug.
Thank you John...
Nice work Charles. Looks delicious
Thanks Jake...
Beautiful cook Charles! I can't keep up with my to do list and you keep adding to it!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. My to do list was already long and now I've got a grinder, stuffer and slicer, no end in sight...😄
Great cook and plate Charles !
I'd be as full as a tick with those vittles😂 I tried that sauce last weekend and we love it!

Keith
Thank you Keith!!

Reactions: 912smoker
Now that is just perfect Charles. I could make a fool of myself with that in a room full of people .
( maybe not the little cabbages lol )

Well done ps: love the Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce on top...

David
Thanks David. The sauce really is good on a lot of things, but I bought it primarily for wings...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nicely done Charles. Those medallions look fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky