• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I missed this one. I have never made these. Maybe I should for the Pa gathering

Folks tend to woof them down rather quickly, and are to full to eat the main course - so be careful. Also allot of people use cream cheese in theirs - I've done both and prefer cheddar. Let us know if you do make them.

Chris

Reactions: pc farmer
Heard about these. But haven't tried them. Perhaps when I get back from the Falls Saturday this will change.

The recipe I used was Jeff's. He mixes a rub into cream cheese and fills the little bowl to the top then adds chopped onions and tops it off with rub. Worked pretty good for me.

Heard about these. But haven't tried them. Perhaps when I get back from the Falls Saturday this will change.

I hope you do Steve they're really good. I think you'll like them, and thanks for the like.

Those look great Chris! Nicely done!
I'm going camping this weekend and will be adding this to the menu to smoke on my Joe Jr. Thanks!

That sounds great. It a perfect little snack food for the Joe.

Chris

Looking good!! Love the bon fire!

Thanks Hawging, they are really good, and I just had another bon-fire. Not as big because of the slight breeze but it was fun.

Chris

This looks way too good to pass up! Now that I know what a pork shot is I'd best get off my butt and pound out some kielbasa, I have to make these. Like, RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
This looks way too good to pass up! Now that I know what a pork shot is I'd best get off my butt and pound out some kielbasa, I have to make these. Like, RAY

I don't think you'll be disappointed Ray. I can't remember anyone trying one that didn't like them.

Thanks for the like also - appreciate it, and be sure to post up when you make them.
Chris

Of course I'll post up Chris! If you don't post, it never really happened. I'm already thinking a batch of half cheddar and half cream cheese, like I saw Chopsaw post, that sounds good too. RAY

Ray , they are great . I like them with cream cheese . It likes to expand when heated , so if you use cream cheese don't get them to full .

Of course I'll post up Chris! If you don't post, it never really happened. I'm already thinking a batch of half cheddar and half cream cheese, like I saw Chopsaw post, that sounds good too. RAY

Ray , they are great . I like them with cream cheese . It likes to expand when heated , so if you use cream cheese don't get them to full .

Good advice right there. I don't care to much for cream cheese so I don't use it, but I have seen it volcano over the top of many a pork shots members have posted.

Chris

Since summer is almost upon us - the outdoor parties can't be to far behind. This is an appetizer that is always a huge hit at our parties. The pork shot is a little bundle of goodness that is very simple to make and smokes up quickly. This thread will hopefully get you through the basics of making them. Lets get the party started.

First the gotta start the fire:
View attachment 366872

Thin blue smoke:View attachment 366873

Ok seriously...the mixings. Kosher salt, garlic and onion powder, ground pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, smoked sharp cheddar, kielbasa, dark brown suger and bacon.
View attachment 366864

Slice the kielbasa up into half inch or so slices.
View attachment 366865
Cube the cheese small enough to fit in the shots.View attachment 366866

Slice the bacon to fit one revolution around the kielbasa. I got lucky this time as slicing it in half fit perfectly.
View attachment 366867
Roll them up and insert a toothpick to keep the bacon from unwinding. Note to self: make sure you have enough toothpicks before starting.
View attachment 366868

Drop in a few cubes of cheese:
View attachment 366869
And fill with your favorite rub mix. I listed my ingredients at the top of the page.
View attachment 366870

Since I'm only doing a few pork shots the Kettle with a side basket gets the call.
View attachment 366874
Indirect heat - Kettle is about 225 to 250* degrees with a chunk of apple. The two hot dogs are for skidmark. He loves smoked hotdogs.
View attachment 366876

Their almost done.
View attachment 366878
Plated and ready for the pallette:
View attachment 366879

Thanks for taking a peek hope you enjoyed. This is how my family likes them. Some people like cream cheese instead of cheddar, while other folks put hot peppers in them. It doesn't matter it's all good. Use your favorite rub mix. I've made these in small batches like this one or larger batches(100 to 150) for my childrens wedding receptions and haven't had any leftovers to take home. Give them a (pork)shot if you've never tried them.

Any suggestions are more then welcome.

Chris.
Ya. I'm definitely doing this.

Reactions: gmc2003
Hey me too, got to try this. I like it that old threads here never die, never deleted. They just revive with a new group of guys interested in good food. Thanks for posting back in 2018 so we can enjoy it today.

Ya. I'm definitely doing this.
I don't think you'll be disappointed SM. They are really good, and make sure you use your favorite rub.
Hey me too, got to try this. I like it that old threads here never die, never deleted. They just revive with a new group of guys interested in good food. Thanks for posting back in 2018 so we can enjoy it today.
Appreciate it driver. There's a lot of good information and ideas/posts buried in deep with'in the SMF forums.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky