Super Bowl treats: Brisket Hash and Pork Shots

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well, while freezer diving I came across another package of brisket from 2023. Knowing I had three spuds hanging around doing nothing. I decided to make some hash. The last time I made brisket hash I used cubed brisket pieces. This time I decided to make it like the awful canned stuff we eat(or at least I eat). So into the mini-processor the meat went.

First the findings:
DSC05358.JPG

Spuds peeled and ready for frenching: I've named the potato slicer Mean Joe Green
DSC05362.JPG

Spuds cubed and Brisket heavily processed:
DSC05364.JPG

Spuds cooked up in bacon grease: Sorry about the fuzzy picture.
DSC05369.JPG

...and my plate:
DSC05372.JPG

Thanks for hanging with me. This hit the spot, but I'm still not sure which way I like it better.

Brisket cubed or shredded. I think I will go with a 50/50 mix next time.

Oh and I almost forget the half time pork shots!!!
DSC05356.JPG

Instructions for pork shots:

Chris

Heck yes! I'd tear that up. I was lazy and just had some soup I made.
Thanks Jeff. I kept busy today, but tomorrow is my lazy day - Leftovers
Some tasty looking hash Chris! This pork shots would be gone quick!
Appreciate it Civil. It's gonna be tough but we're waiting until halftime or a least as close to halftime as we can.

Chris

Mmmmm, I like the hash too, nice job.

I fondly refer to the canned stuff as 'Dog Food'.
I add diced onion and bell pepper to it and spice it up.
Thanks John. Yeah I agree the canned stuff does resemble doggie food.
I'd be face down on that plate. 👍👍
Appreciate it Mike. My plate went quickly.

Chris

Now that's some fine food from you and MJG ! Not sure I can out till the half so go ahead and send me a pork shot😁

Keith

Reactions: gmc2003
Chris.
All look great. I could do some real damage to that hash! Didn’t have time to post earlier cooking and that other thing today that I will never speak of again
Mike

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky