Pizza ~ Pop's Brined & Smoked Chicken, Pesto Sauce, Spinach, Cheese and Tomato

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
About once a week I'll use a quart of Pop's Brine on some boneless skinless breasts, cold smoke them for an hour, then finish them on one of my Eggs and chill. Perfect for salads, a sandwich, a snack or PIZZA!!!
QO2fqQc.jpg
fnE3cyP.jpg
6XmkAdM.jpg
HwnJjha.jpg
We blind bake the crusts and usually make 3 or 4 at a time and freeze. I cook them raised direct over lump charcoal at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes.
FeE7GPU.jpg
59EaUOu.jpg
oNS83pH.jpg

Whoa this is beautiful. It has to get a ride for sure. I’m with peachey

No kidding. Me too and I don’t like tomatoes

Thanks for all the kind words...., and I just noticed one of the photos did make the carousel! We like thin crust pizza and blind baking the crusts and having them in the freezer really helps speed things along for assembly and they are much easier than using a pizza stone on the BGE. The 'brick oven' flavor from the charcoal is always nice, but having smoked chicken too is really good.

Reactions: forktender
Thanks for all the kind words...., and I just noticed one of the photos did make the carousel! We like thin crust pizza and blind baking the crusts and having them in the freezer really helps speed things along for assembly and they are much easier than using a pizza stone on the BGE. The 'brick oven' flavor from the charcoal is always nice, but having smoked chicken too is really good.
Congratulations on the ride well deserved.

That is an original and delicious looking pizza!! Congrats on the well deserved ride. Love the spinach on it. I bet fresh basil would be awesome with that too. I have basil rolling out my ears lol. Can’t believe how much 3 plants crank out.

Last edited:
That is an original and delicious looking pizza!! Congrats on the well deserved ride. Love the spinach on it. I bet fresh basil would be awesome with that too. I have basil rolling out my ears lol. Can’t believe how much 3 plants crank out.

Yes, basil is awesome. I posted a margherita pizza I made last month, this one was cooked with the ceramic deflector plate in the Egg because it was a little more loaded up with cheese.

Reactions: jcam222
How do you blind bake your doughs without the center rising?
Every time I've tried to bake a pizza dough without any toppings the centers blew up like a two week old dead water buffalo.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Reactions: Brokenhandle
How do you blind bake your doughs without the center rising?
Every time I've tried to bake a pizza dough without any toppings the centers blew up like a two week old dead water buffalo.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
I use a fork . Poke some holes . Keeps it from rising .

That pizza looks amazing! Congrats on the ride, it is well deserved.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky