• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pizza ~ Pop's Brined & Smoked Chicken, Pesto Sauce, Spinach, Cheese and Tomato

thirdeye

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
About once a week I'll use a quart of Pop's Brine on some boneless skinless breasts, cold smoke them for an hour, then finish them on one of my Eggs and chill. Perfect for salads, a sandwich, a snack or PIZZA!!!
QO2fqQc.jpg
fnE3cyP.jpg
6XmkAdM.jpg
HwnJjha.jpg
We blind bake the crusts and usually make 3 or 4 at a time and freeze. I cook them raised direct over lump charcoal at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes.
FeE7GPU.jpg
59EaUOu.jpg
oNS83pH.jpg

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Very nice te.................... :emoji_thumbsup:

Boykjo

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
That pie looks great.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
You are making my mouth water. Best looking pizza I’ve seen. Hopefully you get a well deserved ride on the carousel.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Whoa this is beautiful. It has to get a ride for sure. I’m with peachey

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
No kidding. Me too and I don’t like tomatoes

thirdeye

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Thanks for all the kind words...., and I just noticed one of the photos did make the carousel! We like thin crust pizza and blind baking the crusts and having them in the freezer really helps speed things along for assembly and they are much easier than using a pizza stone on the BGE. The 'brick oven' flavor from the charcoal is always nice, but having smoked chicken too is really good.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Thanks for all the kind words...., and I just noticed one of the photos did make the carousel! We like thin crust pizza and blind baking the crusts and having them in the freezer really helps speed things along for assembly and they are much easier than using a pizza stone on the BGE. The 'brick oven' flavor from the charcoal is always nice, but having smoked chicken too is really good.
Congratulations on the ride well deserved.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
That is an original and delicious looking pizza!! Congrats on the well deserved ride. Love the spinach on it. I bet fresh basil would be awesome with that too. I have basil rolling out my ears lol. Can’t believe how much 3 plants crank out.

Last edited:

thirdeye

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
That is an original and delicious looking pizza!! Congrats on the well deserved ride. Love the spinach on it. I bet fresh basil would be awesome with that too. I have basil rolling out my ears lol. Can’t believe how much 3 plants crank out.
Yes, basil is awesome. I posted a margherita pizza I made last month, this one was cooked with the ceramic deflector plate in the Egg because it was a little more loaded up with cheese.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
How do you blind bake your doughs without the center rising?
Every time I've tried to bake a pizza dough without any toppings the centers blew up like a two week old dead water buffalo.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Every time I've tried to bake a pizza dough without any toppings the centers blew up like a two week old dead water buffalo.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
I use a fork . Poke some holes . Keeps it from rising .

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Awesome looking pie there. Man a couple cold ones and I would be good to go. Nice work.

Warren

thirdeye

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
We use a 3-tine sausage pricker tool to poke micro holes in the crust.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That pizza looks amazing! Congrats on the ride, it is well deserved.

Ryan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.