London broil we ain't gonna let spoil!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Wife is on a girls trip this weekend to Eugene Oregon and the Oregon Country Fair. Kids are off doing other stuff so I am gonna be smoking meat!

Project number one is Jerky. We have a fishing trip coming my up first if August and I always like to take a bunch of goodies with us.

Safeway had London broil on sale for $2.99 a pound so I bought around 12 pounds of it.

First batch is teriyaki. Haven't decided on the second batch yet.

Using cure #1

1414c96e0266e69d77e75ddf2a50bf0d.jpg

02237bd560c07635f8f700541f9236ee.jpg

a2748e0c61dd73b2dd41e8f6e5b63aae.jpg

1f80287b8c20ba6ad0138821101c0d97.jpg

Does this count as Huli Huli jerky?

Smoke away!!!

Okay so here's what I came up with. 6 pounds of teriyaki, 4 pounds of pepper jerky and 1 pound of Thai jerky.

Smoke away!!!

Thai jerky

1 lb top round steak, cut into strips
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dark or light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground white (or black) pepper

I added cure. Typically this wouldn't have cure and the meat would be dried in the sun.

Smoke away!!!

Here's the recipe for the teriyaki. This is for 5 pounds. I actually had six. I kept all the ingredients the same except I adjusted the cure amount.I didn't have any scallions or green onions so left those out.

Teriyaki jerky
INGREDIENTS

Teriyaki Jerky Marinade
for 5lbs meat
1 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp fresh black pepper
8 oz Dark Brown sugar
Thumb size fresh Ginger sliced and bruised
3 chopped Scallions
1 tsp (level) Cure#1

Smoke away!!!

For the pepper jerky I used the recipe that Kevin posted a few days ago. In his thread.

Basic Black Pepper Jerky Marinade
for 5lbs meat

8 oz Gluten-free Soy Sauce
2 oz Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbl Fresh coarse-ground black pepper (Tellicherry preferred)
1 Tbl Garlic powder (or 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped)
1 tsp Cayenne (optional)
1 tsp (levell) Cure#1
1 tsp Liquid Smoke (I didn't use this as I plan on smoking the beef)

Smoke away!!!

First batch is out of the smoker. This is the one pound batch of the Thai style jerky. Let me tell you I will be making this again. Super simple no over powering flavors, really good. Not to salty, excellent!

Smoke away!!!

Case you know that does not need an ice pack to ship.That is some of the best jerky I have seen.Thanks for sharing.

Richie

points.gif

Case you know that does not need an ice pack to ship.That is some of the best jerky I have seen.Thanks for sharing.
Richie
:points:

Thanks Richie! Just pulled some more off and added two more racks. Couldn't get it all in the first load! All of its tasty but man that Thai Style if my favorite for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky