My Best Stuffed Pizza To Date (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
This one was done just before we left for our trip to TN. Both of us were really in the mood for a good pizza. Some of you might remember the two pizzas I did not long ago, one veggie for our friend and one meat for me. The crust on those was stuffed with Cooper extra sharp white American cheese with pepper. That stuff was fantastic so that's what I'm using in this one, just a LOT more of it. The plan was to put a bunch of cheese in the crust so I used the 12" CI skillet to lay out the dough and cook it in. Wanted the extra depth of the skillet to have the dough higher up around the edges, thus making room for more cheese. At least that was the concept :emoji_laughing:

The dough after the second proof out on the patio
001.jpg

Here we go. Dough all rolled out in the CI skillet and edges trimmed to it's clean and even around the outer crust.
002.jpg

Some large, thick slices of cheese all the way around
003.jpg

Fold the dough down over the cheese and press to seal along the bottom
004.jpg

Marinara, spicy Italian sausage, and pepperoni. All are homemade.
005.jpg

Add red bell pepper and onions.
006.jpg

Lots and lots o' mozz
007.jpg

When I built this smoker my intent was to be able to use it as a warming cabinet, smoker, or oven. This was my first run to see if I could get high enough temps to use it as an oven. It worked. Smoker is running 425 when I put the pizza in.
008.jpg

About 15 minutes in. Starting to take shape and the crust is doing it's thing.
010.jpg

Done and in the house. Got some nice browned cheese on top, which we just love!! The crust blew up in a couple places and leaked cheese but that's OK.
011.jpg

Out of the CI skillet to slice. Gotta get it out of the CI or the residual heat will burn the crust.
012.jpg

Sliced and out to the patio to chow down.
014.jpg

A nice shot of the melted cheese in the crust.
015.jpg

This one took a bit of time to put together but it was oh so worth the time and effort. After years of battling with pizzas, they just seem to keep getting better and better now. With the advent of the Prepared Pantry dough kits, a little extra goodies in the dough, and cooking all of them on CI, it has made a huge difference. You're just not gonna get a pie like this anywhere: all ingredients homemade and put the time into doing it right. The pizza did pick up just a bit of smoke flavor from cooking it in the smoker, which was a nice addition to the flavor. I'll probably start doing all my pizzas this way. Takes a few minutes to get the smoker up to temp, but that's not a problem, just plan for it. All in all, we were delighted with this dinner and looking forward to the next one, which might just be this weekend. got a rack of pork ribs on the smoker now and have been using this thing a LOT recently.

Oh well, enough is enough. Y'all take care and see everybody soon.

Robert

Nicely done Robert! You definitely knocked that pie out of the park! And the meats....all homemade too! Tell me about this pepperoni? You got a chamber you aren't telling us about? Or did ya use umai dry bags?

Brain: What did we agree to while you’re on your diet?

Me: That I wouldn’t look at the forum when I’m hungry.

Brain: So, what did you just do?

Me: I looked at the forum.

Brain: And what did you immediately click on?

Me: Robert had a post on deep dish pizza which is probably my favorite thing in the world.

Brain: Why did you do that?

Me: Because I couldn’t help it and Robert is my friend and he makes amazing food.

Brain: And now what happened to your mouth?

Me: I don’t know. Ask my mouth.

Mouth: Can’t talk now. Drooling.

Oh man Robert, that would make the pizza maker in Brooklyn, NY jealous! That is killer!

Me: Robert had a post on deep dish pizza which is probably my favorite thing in the world.

Brain: Why did you do that?

Me: Because I couldn’t help it and Robert is my friend and he makes amazing food.

Brain: And now what happened to your mouth?

Me: I don’t know. Ask my mouth.

Mouth: Can’t talk now. Drooling.
My BRAIN read BRIAN until I got to MOUTH!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am laughing hysterically at both of us!!!! LOL!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Beautiful looking pizza Robert!
But I have come to expect this level of skill from you! I can only imagine what you’ll come up with next!
Al

looks fabulous. Have you thought about putting it one shelf down and adding something above to reflect the heat. Also, no cornmeal used on the bottom? I love that stuff on pizza.

Nicely done Robert! You definitely knocked that pie out of the park! And the meats....all homemade too! Tell me about this pepperoni?
Thanks Keith. No big secret with the pepperoni. It's just a spicy mix I put together a few years ago. Used Cure #1, let hang in the fridge overnight, them smoke the next day. Simple but really good.

Robert

I guess by now you know how much I love pizza! That is a winner. I still think Pizza King fits you.
Very much appreciate it Brian, but the title is a bit more than deserved my friend. I've had a few pizzas come out well but others here have me beat hands down.

Robert

Reactions: negolien

That is just too funny!! Like Keith though, my BRAIN read BRIAN as if you were talking to BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma explaining that he needs to be on a healthier diet. I had to go back and read it again after seeing what indaswamp indaswamp wrote. That made it MUCH funnier when I read it correctly :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky