London broil we ain't gonna let spoil!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DS2003, jerky and beer ,life is good! Nice looking jerky !!
points.gif

speaking of London broil (i know that's not the name of the cut) would that be a meat you could smoke like a tri tip and get pretty close to the same result???? because i can NEVER find TT around here 
hit.gif

Thank you kind sir.. TT is proven very hard for me to find in the eastern US
I have a friend that lives below you in AL and every time he comes out west he requests that we smoke Tri Tip!

The London broil I do the same way I do my tri tip. I go as low as I can 180°-200° until the roast hits 125°-130° then I sear it off on a hot grill. Just like tri tip I keep the seasonings simple (Salt Pepper Garlic Chipotle) and if I marinade its normally just Worcestershire. Just like tri tip you want to slice it against the grain. Cherry or a 50/50 mix of Cherry and Pecan are my favorite woods.

I have a friend that lives below you in AL and every time he comes out west he requests that we smoke Tri Tip!

The London broil I do the same way I do my tri tip. I go as low as I can 180°-200° until the roast hits 125°-130° then I sear it off on a hot grill. Just like tri tip I keep the seasonings simple (Salt Pepper Garlic Chipotle) and if I marinade its normally just Worcestershire. Just like tri tip you want to slice it against the grain. Cherry or a 50/50 mix of Cherry and Pecan are my favorite woods.
I can definitely understand why your friend requests it... i love it and only had it a handful of times and before i joined this site i had no idea it even existed.... 

i greatly appreciate the tips, although i have never used cherry or pecan  (mostly because its not usually available) but i will definitely give it a shot the next time i can get a hold of it.

I can definitely understand why your friend requests it... i love it and only had it a handful of times and before i joined this site i had no idea it even existed.... 

i greatly appreciate the tips, although i have never used cherry or pecan  (mostly because its not usually available) but i will definitely give it a shot the next time i can get a hold of it.
Give this a try. probably the best online source for getting wood you cant get locally. Im pretty lucky as I have several places, Home Depot being one that carry a good selection of wood.

http://www.fruitawoodchunks.com/

I have a few stores around like a couple of lowes a home depot bass pro and such but they mostly carry chips and they dont work too well on a WSM i have found.....

Here's the recipe for the teriyaki. This is for 5 pounds. I actually had six. I kept all the ingredients the same except I adjusted the cure amount.I didn't have any scallions or green onions so left those out.

Teriyaki jerky
INGREDIENTS

Teriyaki Jerky Marinade
for 5lbs meat
1 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp fresh black pepper
8 oz Dark Brown sugar
Thumb size fresh Ginger sliced and bruised
3 chopped Scallions
1 tsp (level) Cure#1

Smoke away!!!

Did you add any water?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky