Did I mention that I hate winter?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hard to believe, we only got about 1" so far, but 300 miles to the West, Pittsburg is/was getting 4" to 5" per hour!!!
I guess they get Lake Effect, and we don't.
Looks like you guys down South got ours this time.

Thanks Guys!

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Where I live. It is hit and miss with lake effect. Sometimes it'll miss us. And slam Palmyra 9 miles away. Other times.....BOOM! lol. Which is why in the winter I leave for work earlier. In my 38 mile drive I can't predict what I'm in for.
Yeah I remember my days in Oswego we always go the wind but many times the lake effect blew the snow to Syracuse.

Hard to believe, we only got about 1" so far, but 300 miles to the West, Pittsburg is/was getting 4" to 5" per hour!!!
I guess they get Lake Effect, and we don't.
Looks like you guys down South got ours this time.

Thanks Guys!

Bear
Lackawaxen in Pike county got 8" on my driveway. Glad i am home in NY and will let the plow guy deal with it.

Sorry nice to see it's not just us, This weekend from Friday on was the s**ts
Lots of snow -19 C with very high winds, Sunday only -10 C but no wind, Good for cleaning up the yard
Now today started at -14C snow at noon and 0 C winds going back up to 80 km and rain 4 deg and 7 deg all night.
I am so confused . lol.

Snow and winds have started, Come on Rain!!! , I'm done with the snow , wishful thinking
DSC_3930.JPG

Hard to tell but it is snowing and wind has started

David

Reactions: Steve H
Jeff Foxworthy understands us:

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about people who live in Upstate New York...
Forget Rednecks.... If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Upstate New York. If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Upstate New York.
If Vacation means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend, you live in Upstate New York. If you measure distance in hours, you live in Upstate New York. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Upstate New York.
If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' on the same day and back again, you live in Upstate New York. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Upstate New York. If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both unlocked, you live in Upstate New York.
If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in Upstate New York. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Upstate New York.
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in Upstate New York. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Upstate New York.
If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in Upstate New York. If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in Upstate New York. If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly', you live in Upstate New York.
If there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner, you live in Upstate New York. If you think everyone else has a funny accent, you live in Upstate New York.
If you actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your Upstate New York friends, you live or have lived in Upstate New York.

David, I AM NOT BUILT FOR THAT!! I am way out of my comfort zone when we get into the low 20's ℉, just not prepared for cold like that...
I'm from Iowa so the 20s feels really nice in the middle of winter...what I'm not prepared for, and what should be illegal, is the weather man says " the windchill is 40 below zero F " just before you have to get out of the truck to fix something!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I'm from Iowa so the 20s feels really nice in the middle of winter...what I'm not prepared for, and what should be illegal, is the weather man says " the windchill is 40 below zero F " just before you have to get out of the truck to fix something!

Ryan

I know

Weather People , One of the few jobs where you can make over $80,000. a year and be wrong 90% of the time

David

I actually don't mind winter here up in Alberta, but it was raining all day and at about 3 pm it went below zero, started snowing, forecast is for minus 20c. It will have gone from plus 2c to minus 20c in 12 hrs. 🥴🤯. Actually had to take a day off work because the roads were impassable. Whats going on in this world.

Corey

I actually don't mind winter here up in Alberta, but it was raining all day and at about 3 pm it went below zero, started snowing, forecast is for minus 20c. It will have gone from plus 2c to minus 20c in 12 hrs. 🥴🤯. Actually had to take a day off work because the roads were impassable. Whats going on in this world.

Corey
Same here other side of Canada
this morning started at -14 C , noon started to snow at 0 C . Now at 10 pm it is +7C rain and high winds . And will stay like this until tomorrow mid day, winds from the south.
At least its taken care of the snow on the roads .

David

Same here other side of Canada
this morning started at -14 C , noon started to snow at 0 C . Now at 10 pm it is +7C rain and high winds . And will stay like this until tomorrow mid day, winds from the south.
At least its taken care of the snow on the roads .

David
I feel your pain, I have no idea what I'm going to find when i wake up tomorrow morning. I hope I can at least make it to work tomorrow. The snow isn't a problem but the damn rain is killing us. Since when does it rain in January?????!!!!!

Corey

I feel your pain, I have no idea what I'm going to find when i wake up tomorrow morning. I hope I can at least make it to work tomorrow. The snow isn't a problem but the damn rain is killing us. Since when does it rain in January?????!!!!!

Corey

We normally get rain once in awhile in the winter last 10 years or so. But the high winds and extreme temp change so fast is what I don't like

David

We normally get rain once in awhile in the winter last 10 years or so. But the high winds and extreme temp change so fast is what I don't like

David
Ya, it seems rain is a reality now in winter, this is the 3rd day I've had to take off for weather this winter. 1 was the first snow in December, 4 foot drifts and 6 hrs of snow removal, then 2 rain days. I love acreage living, but man we seem to get hammered harder. Oh well. I'll stop complaining now 😜

Corey

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
The older I get, the more I despise winter. I have a walk behind JD 10/32 but graduated a few yrs ago to 44" on the rider. Way to much to try and keeps path up to my shop.
17082.jpg
20181230_101920.jpg

Back into the deep freeze again Wed -25° with -6° for high. -40° windchill. Only 3.5 months left of it though :emoji_thermometer_face:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky