• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Went for a walk today. 🚶🚶🚶🚶🚶

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

SmokinAussie

Smoke Blower
Joined
Jun 24, 2026
Messages
125
Reaction score
259
Location
Gold Coast, QLD, Downside Up Land.
G'Day Bruces, :emoji_sunglasses:

Well here in Downside Up Land it's getting warmer, An early start to Spring after a very mild Winter has had me looking forward to going out so I did that today.

As I'm new here, I live on the Gold Coast, Queensland. I've been here a few years after escaping Melbourne and COVID lockdowns etc. I'm never, farkin ever... going back. So this is about where I live. I figure it's helpful to show things like this to my American Friends, both here and on another forum.

First, took a tram down to the markets a Kawarra Park, Broadbeach.
P-20260920-115431.jpg


Then I went down to the beach. Plan was to walk in this direction for a few miles.
P-20260920-120836.jpg


Got my feet wet early and often.
P-20260920-120907.jpg


This was the other direction where I'd come from. I'd started at that tower in the distance.
P-20260920-120922.jpg


Made my way well past most of these buildings up to the last tallish one you see where that ray of sunshine goes.
P-20260920-122653.jpg


Made it to where the ray of sunshine was shining. Apparently here on this ice cold beer!
P-20260920-133139.jpg


So I sat there and watched the people walk by and ordered a Cheeseburger. Why not! Apparently it's just been "Cheeseburger Day".
P-20260920-135506.jpg


Now normally I don't eat fries or Cheese Burgers, but also normally I do not walk 5 miles along the beach.

The Cheese Burger was true to it's word. Exactly a Cheese Burger, nothing less and nothing more. Perfect with a second beer.

Then I took the light rail back to the car and drove home. Sat out by the pool for a while.
P-20260920-160217.jpg


Sun is down now and I'm spinning records with a wine. It's been a great day.

Cheers!

Bill
 
Sounds like a great day! Us being the opposite and going into fall, my wife and I were just discussing it's almost soup weather. When it gets cold, crappy out, that first batch of soup tastes amazing! Usually chili... kinda like the first blt in summer with garden fresh maters!
 
Sounds like a great day! Us being the opposite and going into fall, my wife and I were just discussing it's almost soup weather. When it gets cold, crappy out, that first batch of soup tastes amazing! Usually chili... kinda like the first blt in summer with garden fresh maters!
I was thinking the same thing Ryan. Mornings are getting into the 40's here.
 
G'Day Bruces, :emoji_sunglasses:

Well here in Downside Up Land it's getting warmer, An early start to Spring after a very mild Winter has had me looking forward to going out so I did that today.

As I'm new here, I live on the Gold Coast, Queensland. I've been here a few years after escaping Melbourne and COVID lockdowns etc. I'm never, farkin ever... going back. So this is about where I live. I figure it's helpful to show things like this to my American Friends, both here and on another forum.

First, took a tram down to the markets a Kawarra Park, Broadbeach.
P-20260920-115431.jpg


Then I went down to the beach. Plan was to walk in this direction for a few miles.
P-20260920-120836.jpg


Got my feet wet early and often.
P-20260920-120907.jpg


This was the other direction where I'd come from. I'd started at that tower in the distance.
P-20260920-120922.jpg


Made my way well past most of these buildings up to the last tallish one you see where that ray of sunshine goes.
P-20260920-122653.jpg


Made it to where the ray of sunshine was shining. Apparently here on this ice cold beer!
P-20260920-133139.jpg


So I sat there and watched the people walk by and ordered a Cheeseburger. Why not! Apparently it's just been "Cheeseburger Day".
P-20260920-135506.jpg


Now normally I don't eat fries or Cheese Burgers, but also normally I do not walk 5 miles along the beach.

The Cheese Burger was true to it's word. Exactly a Cheese Burger, nothing less and nothing more. Perfect with a second beer.

Then I took the light rail back to the car and drove home. Sat out by the pool for a while.
P-20260920-160217.jpg


Sun is down now and I'm spinning records with a wine. It's been a great day.

Cheers!

Bill
Cheeseburger in Paradise (thank you, Jimmy Buffet). You don't normally eat cheeseburgers and fries??? I'd say that's un-American, but you're not American. :D

I have nice beaches, too, but none of those buildings to harsh my buzz. :D
 
You know i think that is a beautiful spot for walking. Thank you for sharing your walk. I don't have anything that pretty close enough for me to walk it. But that beer and cheeseburger does look good.
 
Wait a minute... You say it's still winter with spring really close... I see people wearing shorts and t-shirts...

It is fantastic, especially if you're a scuba diver!


I think @Winterrider was responding to @SmokinAussie


I live a few miles from the beach here in Fl. and haven't been to it in over twenty years or more... Not even out to the island (Anna Maria Island)
 
Wait a minute... You say it's still winter with spring really close... I see people wearing shorts and t-shirts...




I think @Winterrider was responding to @SmokinAussie


I live a few miles from the beach here in Fl. and haven't been to it in over twenty years or more... Not even out to the island (Anna Maria Island)
Nope. It was a mild Winter and now it's Spring. You can swim here all year round. Some people do. Not me.

You gotta get out more. Go to the beach! :emoji_sunglasses:

Bill
 
I would spend as much time as possible near the green towers and as less as possible near the glass towers.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky