• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Winter 2026/2027 - The Year of the "Super El Niño"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
I think she is talking about this?
1790616548952.png
 
I am definitely in the snow crowd. The more the better, particularly after this past winter. I can and have handled the heat and humidity for years. When it is cold you can always put on more layers, when it is hot you hit a limit of how much you can take off. I'm pretty sure at my age no one wants to see me running around in my birthday suit, including my wife and dog!

I did order a snowplow that arrived a few days ago but will hold onto my snow blower this winter to see if I need it in a couple of tight place. Have a generator, a lot of wood, will have water on hand, gas stove/oven, and if the roads don't get plowed we will just stay home and cancel any appt's, etc. Been there and done that in the past.

And nothing is more beautiful than fresh snow on the ground in the CO mountains with that beautiful CO blue sky with sun ablaze!
 
Last edited:
When it is cold you can always put on more layers, when it is hot you hit a limit of how much you can take off.
Here in Colorado we just head for a mountain peak to cool off and jump in an icy cold mountain lake at 13,000 ft. 😎

Altitude kills the heat.

The more layers you put on the more restricted in movement you are and your body can't breathe and regulate body temp.

And you end up looking like Randy from A Christmas Story.
IMG_5070.webp
 
I am not looking forward to this winter. Here in New Hampshire, we can get some big storms. And the snow stays put for the winter. A friend moved to Colorado a few years ago and told me they can get a foot of snow, but it’s gone the next day. Not here. When it snows, it’s still about the same depth when the next storm arrives. After a while, the snow blower struggles to blow the snow high enough to get it out of the way.

Stupid winter.
 
As for driving a double. No thanks. I’ve seen those in the wind. I stay way away from them.

And, how the hell do you back those things up? I’m good with one trailer, but two? Hell no.
 
I am not looking forward to this winter. Here in New Hampshire, we can get some big storms. And the snow stays put for the winter. A friend moved to Colorado a few years ago and told me they can get a foot of snow, but it’s gone the next day. Not here. When it snows, it’s still about the same depth when the next storm arrives. After a while, the snow blower struggles to blow the snow high enough to get it out of the way.

Stupid winter.
I think you are up by the white mountains? My son in Keene has very different patters as they are kind of in a valley. They get snow and cold but it does clear up fairly quick...well relatively.
 
As for driving a double. No thanks. I’ve seen those in the wind. I stay way away from them.

And, how the hell do you back those things up? I’m good with one
Lots of practice. I can back a set up to get out of a jam but I cant back a set into the dock.
 
I've been passed a few times by these, in NV, OR and WA.
1790833676161.png

Have you ever pull a triple trailer?
There is no way in hell, I'd try a single, and you'd have to shoot me before I'd attempt a triple, even on a flat calm sunny day, let alone in snow.
 
I've been passed a few times by these, in NV, OR and WA.
View attachment 741484
Have you ever pull a triple trailer?
There is no way in hell, I'd try a single, and you'd have to shoot me before I'd attempt a triple, even on a flat calm sunny day, let alone in snow.
I have never seen a triple, even doubles are not allowed in lower NY as far as I know.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky