• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Winter 2026/2027 - The Year of the "Super El Niño"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
949
Reaction score
2,198
Location
Denver, CO
Well winter is just around the corner. Keystone, Tdelluride, Crested Butte and Copper Mountain have all already had dustings of snow.

The San Juan mountains in SW saw their first measurable snow fall last week.
IMG_4560.jpeg


Next week the party really kicks off in the mountains with snow and rain everywhere else.
IMG_4811.jpeg


The "experts" [scientists and meteorologists] will have you believe doom and gloom and fear pander famine, drought and extreme heat in some areas and 3' feet of snow everywhere else 2-6 months in advance...but they typically can't the weather right 3-7 days out. 🙄

I'm dreading this upcoming winter regardless.
 
I hope and pray we get absolutely hammered with massive snow storms. The deeper the better! I love winter and we need years of rain and snow to offset the drought.

Last winter I put most of the snowblower gas in my truck. Previous years I needed to buy more mid winter.
 
We got some snow up high here too. And I'm with Dave @sandyut I hope we get plenty this winter, cause we certainly need it.
 
If snow fell everywhere but on the roads...I'd be ok with it [and the churches would be packed 🤣], but damn it costs me so much money at work when the roads are so bad you can't go anywhere and runs get cancelled.

People can't drive in it, most other cars and truckers fall in behind me and ride my rear bumper because they see that I know what the hell I'm doing out there.

Ugh. I absolutely HATE anything below 30°. Bitter temps, bitter winds and you just feel miserable. You don't want to be outside. You can't drive the fun car. It's so depressing. 😔

A migration south might be in my cards in the near future.
 
I am borne and bred in Southern California and have visited places with snow all my life but I have such a hard time wondering who would wish for it.

I would rather blow dead leaves off my front yard than spend hours digging snow out of it.

I would also sweat my ass off outside rather then freeze my balls off.

I guess it's just a thing of what you grow up with and what you are use to.
 
I'm born ànd raised in Norcal, snow is a 3hr drive up to Lake Tahoe. Im good with that. No way in hell would I want to shovel or blow snow to go leave the house. We'll most likey be moving up to Idaho when my parents are gone. I have family that live on Hayden* Lake I.D. but they get to much snow for me. If we do move up there it will likely be southern I.D.
Where we would get minimal snow fall. Either that or move to Hayden* Lake, then leave for the winter months. To a small condo on the coast of North Carolina or Hawaii.
Except the humidity kills me.
But I could probably learn to live with it for 3 to 4 months a year.

We are at a point in our lives that we could afford it now by just selling the house that we own outright in Norcal it would be totally doable.

Unless I far pray to my muscle car and motorcycle obsession. LOL!!!

I think a nice saltwater boat for cruising and fishing could just be the answer. Something in the 25 to 35 foot range with twin 300 hp outboard engines or a turbo diesel inboard.


This super El nino deal is a real thing though. They are catching Marlin, yellowtail, Dorado and Bluefin tuna all the way up to Washington State, and Albacore tuna in Canada.

If that's not enough, look at what going one in Southern California with their beach erosion, whole beaches are disappearing into the ocean, and they are surfing 15 to 20 foot waves in places that a 5 foot swell would be considered a big event.
And Hawaii hs had more hurricane watches this yr than ever recorded.
Ol' Ma Nature is angry with us this yr. It's already been a far from a typical year, and we are just getting started.

Stay safe!!!
 
I pretty much hate Winter but because we've spent so much time up in Maine we really want to move there now,go figure. Most of our time is spent in the Freeport area so the weather is somewhat similar to coastal RI. We own our current house outright and with the invasion of NYers it's a sellers market where I live.

Good tires on the truck and a self-propelled snow blower is all I really need. That and a few breaks during the Winter in a warmer climate helps.
 
I pretty much hate Winter but because we've spent so much time up in Maine we really want to move there now,go figure. Most of our time is spent in the Freeport area so the weather is somewhat similar to coastal RI. We own our current house outright and with the invasion of NYers it's a sellers market where I live.

Good tires on the truck and a self-propelled snow blower is all I really need. That and a few breaks during the Winter in a warmer climate helps.
Didn't know us NYers were invading up north? I thought we all went and destroyed the Caroliners and FL? We are heading to one of those states in the next few but our kids settled in NH and now the other one Boston.
 
Didn't know us NYers were invading up north?
Vast majority of house sales in RI are to people from NY,if it's anywhere remotely close to the water someone from NY owns it. I'm certainly not complaining,when my dad passed we gave a neighbor the chance to buy but he couldn't swing it so we put it on the open market and it was sold that week to a NYer, plus these folks gave me a lot of painting business before I stepped away from full-time work.

My wife and I fell in love with Maine our very first visit to the Freeport and surrounding area.
 
We love our home, we're not leaving. When it snows its not long before the neighbor boys are over with the shovels. As for the streets, some swinging Richard must live in our neighborhood because the city is on the snow removal. Pam and I laugh about that. But really, when it is snowing, I love to open the garage door, drop the tailgate and enjoy a cup of coffee, some bourbon and a cigar. Here in KC it's nice that snow doesn't stay around until spring.
 
for those who hate the snow and cold, all I can say is move to FL or AZ.

I love the snow, deeper the better. one of the best weeks here was when we got 5' of snow over a few days, power was out, on the gen for that time, blew snow many times a day, no plow for days. it was heavenly. I hope we get more of that.

I dont mind driving in it either, I run AT's on my truck year round. Never been stuck, never crashed or went off the road. its a way of life.
 
I love the snow and cooler temps, but must admit it comes with some issues. Being raised in Michigan I had to be told to come inside on snow days. Now, after living below the Mason - Dixon for almost 40 years I'm still not used to the heat and humidity, and when we do get the occasional snow I'm like a puppy with two peters. I head to the closest unplowed parking lot and do donuts until I get bored or chased off by mall security :emoji_sunglasses:
 
Vast majority of house sales in RI are to people from NY,if it's anywhere remotely close to the water someone from NY owns it. I'm certainly not complaining,when my dad passed we gave a neighbor the chance to buy but he couldn't swing it so we put it on the open market and it was sold that week to a NYer, plus these folks gave me a lot of painting business before I stepped away from full-time work.

My wife and I fell in love with Maine our very first visit to the Freeport and surrounding area.
losing my taste for the cold every year. I like Maine but the politics there would drive me nuts.....not that NY is far behind...lol
 
I dont mind driving in it either, I run AT's on my truck year round. Never been stuck, never crashed or went off the road. its a way of life.
Come drive a set of doubles with me to Wyoming and back in a Commercial Truck. We'll see how well you like it then. 😆🤣
 
Didn't know us NYers were invading up north? I thought we all went and destroyed the Caroliners and FL? We are heading to one of those states in the next few but our kids settled in NH and now the other one Boston.
Come on down to Ga we'd love to have ya Cliff.
Our schools get shut down with even the prediction of snow 😆


Keith
 
$3,000 a week will make you do things you otherwise wouldn't do.
Hey, what I do behind the bus station is my busine, oh, wait, nevermind.

I'm with the "cold sucks" crowd. When I was young I didn't mind 25 degrees with wind. Hell, I've mined for gold in freezing rain with sleet collecting on my hat. But that ain't me anymore. I don't know that person.

Now anything below 60 is cause for my miserable ass to really be miserable 😂
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky