Anyone making homemade Pies for the Holidays ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife will make her family's pumpkin pie recipe with a butter crust. I'm a sweet potato pie guy, but I did them the last couple years. Now it's her turn.
Ray I like sweet potato also
Richie

Reactions: foamheart
Great looking pies Richie, and thanks for the mention. Glad you could use the dough and make it your way.
We have mince meat pies couple times a year, but have never had one with meat in them.

Love mini pies.

David

David I looked at lots of recipes before making this, most call for some sort of beef. The dough recipe I used it after seeing your post with PP & I knew it would be easy to tweek for a regular fruit pie.
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those look awesome Richie!! It's been a long time since ive had a mince pie!
Travis Thank you I use to buy the box of mince pie, but I couldn't find it in the stores so I made my own and I'm glad I did.
Richie

Reactions: Sowsage
Pumpkin pie for sure on Thanksgiving. My wife bakes two cheesecakes every year for Christmas. Last year was a cannoli cheesecake and a cinnabon cheesecake.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a mince pie, yours looks great Richie.

Last year my Daughter made Butterfinger pie . Man it's good . I do like a cherry pie though .

. You guys ever see my teeth?
This should take care of the couple you have left .
1637242956221.jpeg

I may be posting the recipe pretty soon son & his girl friend liked it, 2 more to taste it tomorrow. Thanks for the Like Jake I appreciate it. Shoot me that recipe if you can.
Richie
Here's the recipe Richie. If you do in the smoker rotate every 15 min

Here's link to my original post with pics

Those mince pies look great Richie. Thanks is one of the three days a year I don't do the cooking. A guest will bring a big pumpkin pie from Costco, I'll be too stuffed with dinner to have any, never been big on desserts. RAY

Those mince pies look great Richie. Thanks is one of the three days a year I don't do the cooking. A guest will bring a big pumpkin pie from Costco, I'll be too stuffed with dinner to have any, never been big on desserts. RAY
Wife & Kids want these mini Mince Pie for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Steve I have used the store bought shells many times, dough is easy to make foamheart foamheart has a good recipe in one of his post. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/first-of-fall-fresh-apple-pie-foamheart.235484/
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Thanks Richie. BTW I have an even better one now you need to try, Buttery Flaky and tender.

Try the new pie and the new recipe. Nothing wrong with the one you refrenced, but the newer one is really good too. You should give it a try. You know me always looking for a better way to do it.

Its the one that will be on the table this Thanksgiving at my house. I am thinking maybe a pumpkin or sweet potatoe too. Hard to beat either one.

PS just a Hint here. If you use a real pumpkin, you'll no doubt have extra prepared meat, it freezes great!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tropics
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky