Any tips for making an Italian party hoagie with homemade bread?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CookingGeek7

Original poster
Apr 26, 2023
DC Metro Area
I am thinking of making an Italian Party Hoagie for events, I want to make homemade bread, I have a stand mixer with a bread hook. I would like to make a big hoagie for this party, standard party sub basically. I am likely to buy the meats for it from the deli counter. I am thinking Capicola, Mortadella, Salami and Deli Pepperoni with sharp provolone. My idea is something on the lines of Subway Italian herbs and cheese bread but with less sugar. Any advice?

Reactions: JLeonard
The size if your oven will dictate how big (long) a hoagie you can make.
Most hoagie pans aren't any longer that 13" - 15".

Reactions: CookingGeek7
Here's a technique I do for an Italian loaf . If I were doing sub sandwiches I would make this into 2 loaves .
Here's a basic sandwich build for me . The plastic wrap makes it .

Reactions: CookingGeek7
Here's a technique I do for an Italian loaf . If I were doing sub sandwiches I would make this into 2 loaves .
Here's a basic sandwich build for me . The plastic wrap makes it .
Interesting on the plastic wrap on the sub. Also I am guessing I can add Italian Herb Blend and some Parmesan cheese to the bread if I wanted? Sesame seeds sound like a good thing to add to.

Interesting on the plastic wrap on the sub.
Most subs you buy will come wrapped in plastic or paper . It changes the whole thing in my opinion .
You could add what ever you want to the bread , but things like Parmesan cheese I would think you'd want to take salt and moisture content into account .
No shame in buying a good store bought loaf of French bread either .

Most subs you buy will come wrapped in plastic or paper . It changes the whole thing in my opinion .
You could add what ever you want to the bread , but things like Parmesan cheese I would think you'd want to take salt and moisture content into account .
No shame in buying a good store bought loaf of French bread either .
If I use Parmesan it would only be a little bit of it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky