Anyone making homemade Pies for the Holidays ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Bacon in the Pecan Pie, adds a hit of Salt to contrast the Sweet. It's a nice addition. I'll track down the recipe and post it here later...JJ

Reactions: Sowsage and chopsaw
Looks great Richie, my wife is making a couple of pecan pies, a pumpkin and and apple. The kids will be taking what's leftover home. Too much pie for the two of use.
Point for sure
Chris

Looks great! Dutch apple, raspberry rhubarb and a no bake chocolate cheesecake with a shortbread cookie crust. The wife won’t let me be around when the cheesecake is made, she says I will just mess with it by adding things, she is probably 1000% correct

Sowsage Sowsage As Requested...JJ

MAPLE, BACON, WHISKEY PECAN PIE

1- 9 inch Deep Dish Pie Crust
6-8 Slices Belly Bacon cut in 1/2" Lardons
1C Pecan Halves
1/4C Brown Sugar
1/2C Pure Maple Syrup
1/2C Dark Karo Syrup
2oz Whiskey or Bourbon
3ea Lrg Eggs, beaten
1/4tsp Salt
1tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Fry the Bacon until Crisp, set aside.
Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of grease.
Add Pecans and toast over Medium Heat, one minute.
Turn off flame and add Brown Sugar and Whiskey. Give a minute for Alcohol to evaporate. Restore medium heat and stir Pecans until syrup reduces and Glazes the Pecans.
Cool 5 minutes and add the Pecans to the Crust.
Combine remaining Ingredients, including Bacon. Combine well and pour over the Pecans.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is just slightly jiggly.
Cool completely and Serve.

Sowsage Sowsage As Requested...JJ

MAPLE, BACON, WHISKEY PECAN PIE

1- 9 inch Deep Dish Pie Crust
6-8 Slices Belly Bacon cut in 1/2" Lardons
1C Pecan Halves
1/4C Brown Sugar
1/2C Pure Maple Syrup
1/2C Dark Karo Syrup
2oz Whiskey or Bourbon
3ea Lrg Eggs, beaten
1/4tsp Salt
1tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Fry the Bacon until Crisp, set aside.
Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of grease.
Add Pecans and toast over Medium Heat, one minute.
Turn off flame and add Brown Sugar and Whiskey. Give a minute for Alcohol to evaporate. Restore medium heat and stir Pecans until syrup reduces and Glazes the Pecans.
Cool 5 minutes and add the Pecans to the Crust.
Combine remaining Ingredients, including Bacon. Combine well and pour over the Pecans.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is just slightly jiggly.
Cool completely and Serve.
Thanks JJ! I'm gonna give this a go for Thursday...i may have to add a few more oz of whiskey to serve on the side😉

• Love
Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky