15 1/4lb packer morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnarlykaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Protem/St.Louis
6A2B138D-8680-4135-94AD-3FEE90F4E669.jpeg
C640EEE2-E352-48E6-AAB3-84CC0F2CDA27.jpeg
It’s a rainy morning here in the Lou, and I have been itching to smoke something sing the pork loin mistake. Apparently, Cosco had a bunch of brisket packers on sale, and I couldn’t pass THAT up!
So yesterday was trim and prep! I’m going to try and average my temp around 250,275, and hope to be done before the kiddos come out!
Today I’m trying the OAKRIDGE BBQ Black Ops rub.

Reactions: Wood Chunk Chick
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it turns out.

Chris

Dang!
Purty near half a cow! :eek:
Have fun with your cook. :D

You gave me a start with your
here in the Lou

As a Toilet Tugger (one of the things I haul and set up), my head was still on my latest business card design.
We do your Loo. (That's Brit for a toilet.)
And the bottom line proclaims me as "Turd Herder". ;)

60D1E101-F7DC-4FBB-A2F9-1AF524EB6AD0.png
Hey I adjusted the probes, and I’m roughly 5 degrees between the flat and the point. This bad boy is throwing me a learning curve!

Looks good to me. Things are evening out.
You're on your way. ;)

Now for the hard part.
Waiting.
Got plenty of beer? (For burned fingers... :rolleyes: )

2408B0FB-ECDA-46B6-8346-87CF8E13916A.jpeg
685AC836-7F1A-4CE9-8EC9-0DA0067CB696.jpeg
A227CA75-D545-4442-998E-9A3249C41440.png
Ok! She came off a couple hours ago, and we just cut off the taste/inspection cuts. I took the first cut, and split it with my son, and we both agreed it was really good, but the second piece went
To my queen. Whatever she says, flies.
And I quote,” OH S$&T!” End quote.
Hearing THAT made the whole cook worth while! Oh, in our house, that’s a PASS!

Nice post! I talk all the time about how I run 3 probes in my brisket because the temps are hard to get right with just 1 probe in the flat. Your graph shows this with how the flat and the point overtake each other a number of times hahaha.
I had attempted to get a graph of my last entire brisket smoke but had some issues I had to overcome and that idea fell through. Maybe on the next one :) Great post!

I was very surprised to see the point,AND the flat come together, and hold like that! I thought for sure i was heading for cooking it in two pieces! It was an interesting cook...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky