• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How Long to Cook Brisket Or Misconception of the 1 to 1.5 hours per pound rule

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Smoking is Fun, don't get stressed, it takes time so don't try to rush it.
After a while it becomes second nature and you don't even think about it much.
Today I'm cooking for my neighbors (some of them) the ones I didn't get the last time.
3 pork butts and 2 big ole yard birds. Fun, fun, fun Also made some BBQ sauce to go along with it,

Gary

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Smoking is Fun, don't get stressed, it takes time so don't try to rush it.
After a while it becomes second nature and you don't even think about it much.
Today I'm cooking for my neighbors (some of them) the ones I didn't get the last time.
3 pork butts and 2 big ole yard birds. Fun, fun, fun Also made some BBQ sauce to go along with it,

Gary

Lucky Neighbors!!!
Like.

Bear

gary s

OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Pork Butts and Chickens were a big hit, even got a big kiss on the Cheek

Gary

Tulkas13

Fire Starter
Joined May 11, 2020
I'm actually gonna be doing my first brisket on Saturday. Starting my smoker at bout 4am. Got me a 22inch rocky mountain smoker. I've never been a brisket fan to me it's always been dry but I figured I'd give it a shot. I got it all spices up already in my fridge. now I gotta dig in my trash n see how much it weights I forgot to look lmao I know I paid 65 bucks at walmart for it. N I've been doing alot of reading recently since this is my first time. N none of the stuff I read mentioned wrapping or spritzing. How important is it to so this?
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks :-)
Btw this was very well written n thought out I appreciate it!!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.