Wish Me Luck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Keep the pics coming buddy....and make room on the shelf for another 1st place trophy. If nothing else I know you'd win my vote over some green Chile and chicken "stuff". Not saying that green Chile and chicken stuff isn't good, it just isn't real chili IMHO. BTW, the weather on Monday is gonna be horrid and got something in the works that might just make you proud sir. Total Mexican but totally unconventional also as far as I know.

Robert

Hot Off the Grill and Cubed
I probably ate 1/2lb while cubing it.
g502GAp.jpg

n8ztlXL.jpg

Roasted Veggies
2ff6J8Q.jpg

5ijrrKi.jpg

Chile's Sweet Chipotle Chile, approx 2.5gal
M4dRsW8.jpg

XvUTHCa.jpg

And the winner was.....

DRUM ROLL..............

First Place was a BBQ brisket and rib meat in a stew sauce with zero chiles and zero spiciness.
Add veggies and it'd been Brunswick Stew.
It was very tasty, but it was NOT chile, chili, chilli or anything close.

I had two people that took me up on the Reaper powder, and one came back three times for more.
LMAO 🤣 at my fellow chileheads.

We had fun, the Trunk-or-Treat was great.
Desserts were fantastic.
Still here, lots of people to talk to.

Last edited:
Someone is gonna need to help me upstairs to my couch.
There were 13 entries, 4 of which I thought qualified as chile, and tasty chiles at that.
I dutifully tried tasting cups of them all, several several times just to be sure and detect nuances in the flavors and spices.
Three of them I consumed at least two bowls of, and my own too.
I so stuffed right now, one more bowl and I'd likely barf.

Last edited:
Wish me luck!
Church is throwing their annual Halloween Trunk-or-Treat, Door Decoration and Chile Cook-off this Saturday.
I'm making a batch of my,
Chile's Sweet Chipolte Chile.
Good luck man. You've got a winner there.

And the winner was.....

DRUM ROLL..............

First Place was a BBQ brisket and rib meat in a stew sauce with zero chiles and zero spiciness.

I had two people that took me up on the Reaper powder, and one came back three times for more.
LMAO 🤣 at my fellow chileheads.

We had fun, the Trunk-or-Treat was great.
Desserts were fantastic.
Still here, lots of people to talk to.
Man that is disappointing. Judges like weird stuff.

Well, hell
And the winner was.....

Add beans and that would win first place at an upper Midwest gathering.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky