I made Chopsaw's pork loin tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man those look awesome. Pineapple salsa gonna have to try that. Even made your own tortilla shells

Reactions: xray
Nailed it Joe!! There’s a reason we call you the taco king!

Thank you Jeff, I appreciate the kind words…but I’m just a young fella that enjoys cooking and making tacos. If I were a king, someone would be making them for me instead lol.

Incredible! I’m watching Taco cooking on YouTube right now🤣 Perfect timing, but nothing that looks as delicious as yours! Great work!

Thank you Jed! The ones I’ve watched on YouTube is Rick Bayless so I take some inspiration from him. I just try to use good and fresh ingredients.

Everyone has something that makes them tick. I’ll go the extra mile by pressing tortillas, homemade salsas and using dried chiles…but I can’t be bothered to make a pizza. Guess we’re all wired differently.

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks great Joe

But the Pineapple Salsa, top shelf. Love it

David

Thank you David, it’s very good and goes well with pork or fish. I have a few types with tomatoes in them but I opted not to use them so I could have something a little different. You could do similar with mango and red bell pepper.

Man those look awesome. Pineapple salsa gonna have to try that. Even made your own tortilla shells

Thank you NG, the pineapple salsa is good and it’s not hot with the cleaned out jalapeños because my wife doesn’t tolerate heat well. If I was making it for myself, I wouldn’t bother cleaning them out…might even use serranos instead.

Making it fresh is much better than the jarred stuff, I find that to be incredibly sweet. Thanks again for the kind words.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow Joe, those tacos look fantastic. Nice way to mix them up too for a couple different meals. I'd love to sink my teeth into a couple of the fish versions though. Oh....congrats on the featured thread :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank you Jeff, I appreciate the kind words…but I’m just a young fella that enjoys cooking and making tacos. If I were a king, someone would be making them for me instead lol.

Thank you Jed! The ones I’ve watched on YouTube is Rick Bayless so I take some inspiration from him. I just try to use good and fresh ingredients.

Everyone has something that makes them tick. I’ll go the extra mile by pressing tortillas, homemade salsas and using dried chiles…but I can’t be bothered to make a pizza. Guess we’re all wired differently.
Very true! Right now time is my limiting factor, when I get more of it I have a feeling it’ll become clear to me what I want to put more effort towards, but I really do believe Mexican food requires fresh ingredients to get it right, especially needs great tortillas. I’ll eat mission tortillas and Pace salsa without complaint and don’t judge at all, but it’s similar to eating McD’s without complaint, but knowing what a real Cheeseburger is.

Thank you David, it’s very good and goes well with pork or fish. I have a few types with tomatoes in them but I opted not to use them so I could have something a little different. You could do similar with mango and red bell pepper.
Thanks Joe

In a couple of my Posts I made a Pineapple Cole Slaw, and it was very good also.
But I will be making a pineapple salsa for sure, thanks for the idea

David

Wow Joe, those tacos look fantastic. Nice way to mix them up too for a couple different meals. I'd love to sink my teeth into a couple of the fish versions though. Oh....congrats on the featured thread :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank you Robert, yup I got two nights worth of dinners out of the salsa and green sauce. There was enough leftover pork for another night's worth, but I vac sealed that and froze it for a future quick weeknight meal.
Very true! Right now time is my limiting factor, when I get more of it I have a feeling it’ll become clear to me what I want to put more effort towards, but I really do believe Mexican food requires fresh ingredients to get it right, especially needs great tortillas. I’ll eat mission tortillas and Pace salsa without complaint and don’t judge at all, but it’s similar to eating McD’s without complaint, but knowing what a real Cheeseburger is.

You are so very right! I do a lot of tacos that don't get showcased here. Some unique and a lot of plain ones with ground meat and hard shells, the kind your mom makes you as a kid. I still love those though. One of the things I like to do is add a can of beans to the meat mixture before adding seasoning...stretches it out a bit and I'll typically use a pico de gallo instead of lettuce and tomato. There's enough small things to change up to keep them from getting boring.

Los tacos se ven bastante bien!

Thank you Chile and they ate pretty good too! Great to see ya and looking forward to some more of your posts.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky