Chile's Cornucopia of Cooks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
UPDATED

Dried Chile Pods Conversion Table added!
Dried chiles per ounce.
Chile powder equal to one dried chile.

Link to recipe for a very good Mole Pablano recipe, excellent on any chicken dish.

New and/or Updated Recipes for Entrees and Sides!

New Desserts!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
My reaper plants finally went nuts . Not ripe yet but close . Would like to make a blended sauce with some sweet peppers and the reapers .
I need to look at you refried bean recipe too .

Reactions: chilerelleno
My reaper plants finally went nuts . Not ripe yet but close . Would like to make a blended sauce with some sweet peppers and the reapers .
I need to look at you refried bean recipe too .
Frijoles refritos, it's all about the fat added.

My son has a friend in college who is growing Reapers, he brought me some salsa and fresh chiles from him.
The salsa was mild so I added the fresh chiles to it and pulsed it a few times in the blender, WOW!
The flavor of these Reapers is out of this world with fruity citrus'ness and a delectable firey heat.

Reactions: chopsaw
I use the powder to do dried beef and hot links . It's so good in the sausage . I have to use coleslaw to cool it down . The same Gent sent me some too .
These plants are from the seeds Richie sent with the powder . This is just a small section of one branch . I have two plants like this . Just noticed a bunch of new blossoms too .
1663536362991.jpeg

Love it in my Ramen and Pho bowels.
I bet . It's fantastic in the right amount for the " end user " It has that once you get past the heat you want more .

Glad this came back around, this one caught my eye ... "Venison Medallions with Spiced Blackberry Sauce"... along with many others. Thanks for sharing 👍

Glad this came back around, this one caught my eye ... "Venison Medallions with Spiced Blackberry Sauce"... along with many others. Thanks for sharing 👍
Thanks man.
As you may notice, some found the Spiced Blackberry Sauce too vinegary.
I can't recall if I modified the original recipe and reduced the vinegar? Hmmmm?
But my solution was noted as, 'Halve the vinegar and add a 1/4c of sugar.'
Recipe has been modified.

Damn it all!
I see all my pics of that cook are broken.
Hope I have them saved and can restore them.
Pics found and restored!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLinza
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky