Chile's Chipotle Chile

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW, that is some fantastic looking chili there John!
Thanks for posting the recipe!
Gonna bookmark this!
Al

This was a church sponsored event, it included Halloween festivities such as our yearly Trunk-or-Treat and Games along with the Chile Cook Off. The event is also held en masquerade and is just a whole lot of fun for everyone.

The Trunk-or-Treat is great with people spending a lot of time/effort turning the rear of their vehicle into cool Halloween displays. The kids go from car to car and game to game scoring prizes and getting candy/treats.
Two of the biggest hits this year were a family that made a whole keg of Homemade Root Beer and one that rented a Cotton Candy Machine.

There were about twenty (20) entries in the Chile Cook Off, of which in my semi-educated opinion five (5) were worthy of being called Chile.
The Winner and two Placing chiles were in my top five picks.
While I referred to the winning chile as heretical, it was a good White Chicken Chile with real nice aroma, flavor, spiciness, good use of some fiery green chiles and it's finish on the palate was superb.
I still think the NM Green Chile Chicken was better, but that is because I'm a just more of a traditionalist.

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this post before, but looks good! White chicken chili 1st place??? Blasphemy! Lol, I'm certainly not a purist but that is over the line for me ;)

Hi Chile, I have a work chili cook off next month and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Especially since I already know a guy is going to smoke multiple meats, I was hoping I could find something in here that wasn't the same. My only concern is i'm not experienced enough with your spices to go strictly by taste. At least not until I had a base to begin with. Do you happen to remember what your initial amounts were? My plan is to make a standard crockpot size around 6 qts.

Some Good Looking Chili there, I love Chili !!!

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky