• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bet ya $20. it's area is smaller than two 8lb birds collectively.
They'd have to be cooked side by side.

Put the bird on a rack so you can easily lift it on/off and turn it as needed.

What type of rack would be best?

Any rack the bird will fit on and you can handle.
Like the racks from my smoker, I use them on the grill occasionally.

That is awesome. Thanks for the picture. Definitely helps. What was cook temp and time for that one?

2 burners should easily maintain that temp as long as your not peeking constantly an doing it when -5°

I can tell ya that a 8# Chicken Spatched fills up 13.75" grate in my 14" WSM. I have cooked a 12 pound spatched turkey in it, but it was a tight fit. Now as for indirect or direct, if the grate temp is 325° I wouldn't really worry about indirect or direct. Temp is temp.

If that was my family and I ruined the bird, I would hear about it for a looooong time. :emoji_laughing: So consider that. Also, I prefer oven roasted turkey for TG. Give yourself a safety margin. Get a big bird and halve it. Grill one half and oven roast the other.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky