Super Bowl Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
Loomis,CA
I have two 8 lbs butts and a 20 smoked ham ready  to hit the smoker tonight about 10pm. Get home from the store about 7:00 after a full day of kid stuff, Basketball game, T ball parent meeting, Softball parent meeting and shopping to get the kids all ready for T-ball and softball. an the wife notices there is a water puddle in the front yard, this can not be good. I check it out and the water main is busted and of course on our side. dang it all to hell. I turn the water off and will be tackling it first light. The party must go on.

Wish me luck

Robert

Last edited:
Hard luck anyway....let us know how it all works out Fish. Sounds like you have couple of really nice butts and a ham planned for your party tomorrow.

Good luck man - I have had to do that several times and it sucks

Good luck with the party

Yep gotta hate when stuff like that happens it can really throw a wrench in your plans. I spent 4 hrs. christmas day working on my septic that backed up!!! That really sucked when my whole family was enjoying themselves, i was playing in muck!!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Its all good meat in on the smoker, I found the break, just need to wait until sun up to dig it up and replace the cracked section. Ran to the AM/PM market and bought a few gallons of water so i can clean up after loading the smoker lol , told the kids dont use the toilet, but got water to clean up from smoking I got priorities. Keep the smoker smoking 

Got to love this addiction

Robert

icon_cool.gif

Well it sounds like you have everything under control so kick back and let the smoker do it's thing. I watched mine all afternoon myself.

That's what I like a man who knows his priorities!   
icon_mrgreen.gif

Its all good meat in on the smoker, I found the break, just need to wait until sun up to dig it up and replace the cracked section. Ran to the AM/PM market and bought a few gallons of water so i can clean up after loading the smoker lol , told the kids dont use the toilet, but got water to clean up from smoking I got priorities. Keep the smoker smoking 

Got to love this addiction

Robert

It's nice to see some people have their heads still screwed on straight!  Keeping the meat and the game #1 shows your man card is in tact.

GO STEELERS!!!!

Ok the  ham is done, The butts are almost there. the first fix on the main did not hold. Three trips to Home Depot and some 45 deg elbows I think I have it fixed. Goign to let it sit up until noon then will try the water. Life is good.

Robert

d3081f6f_IMG_0133.jpg

Here is a picture of the ham. All I can say i fantastic. 

Pulled pork is almost done.
Oh Yeah The water main is fixed :)
Robert

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky