• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Al, that all looks amazing. Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen ribs that look any better than those. I know you're a staff member, but you're also a member outside of being on the staff. That plate shot with the ribs on it is absolutely deserving of being on the carousel. not only is it picture perfect, the whole dialog is a technique a lot of people can learn from. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert

wow, do those look great!! thanks for sharing!

Looks good!!!
Thanks Guys!
Al
Al, those are some nice looking ribs and beans!

As for the 205 temp and CC air temp of 180....the plate over the fire pot is higher than 180. The plate radiates heat at a higher rate and the close proximity of the pan to plate creates boiling temp or just above. The rendered fat and broth method is dear to my heart......
That makes perfect sense, thank you for clearing that up. I’m new to pellet grills & just couldn’t figure that out. I’m still learning this grill.
Al
The true definition of low and slow!
Bonus points for your coverage of rub, nice and heavy!
Thank you Sir!!
Al
Beautiful ribs and beans Al, and always nice to get a big smiley grin from a happy family member.
Smoke ring is awesome

David
Thanks David!
He is a chef, so when he comes here he usually wants to chill & not cook anything. I’m glad he liked the ribs!!
Al

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh, so gonna try this!
It works every time!
Al
Just amazing Al. Good times by all. You going to get me to do extreme longer now. I like that idea of putting on before bed and finish in morning.
Thanks Brian!
I was a bit worried leaving a new smoker unattended all night, but it worked out really well.
Al
Nice work there Al, my favorite meat to smoke and eat! RAY
Thanks Ray, I see why it’s your favorite!
Al
That smoke ring is fantastic!! Al, you did them the justice such a special gift deserves...:emoji_relaxed:
Thank you Sir!!
Wow Al, that all looks amazing. Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen ribs that look any better than those. I know you're a staff member, but you're also a member outside of being on the staff. That plate shot with the ribs on it is absolutely deserving of being on the carousel. not only is it picture perfect, the whole dialog is a technique a lot of people can learn from. Excellent job my friend!!

Robert
Thank you so much Robert!
I won’t say I wasn’t a bit nervous, trying something new on a new smoker with an expensive cut of meat. But luckily everything turned out really good!
Al
Wow! Amazing ring on those, cooked to perfection!!! Great use of an awesome gift! Big points for an epic cook!
Thank you Jed, I appreciate it!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky