Pan Fried Vermillion Snapper with Mardi Gras Butter Cream Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I have posted this before. It is Lent so that means seafood on Fridays in South Louisana. Cousin called me up,"Hey, got snapper pulled out of the freezer at the station. Mardi Gras tonight?"
I said. "Hell Yeah!"

This dish comes from Rockefeller's Restaurant in Ponchatoula, La.; Purple, Green, and Yellow are the colors of Mardi Gras.
IMG_20220318_170654.jpg

First season the fish with lemon pepper and cajun seasoning, fry the fish in olive oil and butter. Remove to sheet pan to keep warm in 250*F oven.
IMG_20220318_170758.jpg

Then the red onion (the purple) and shrimp
IMG_20220318_171325.jpg

IMG_20220318_171644.jpg

Add the mushrooms, sweet yellow corn (the Yellow), english peas (the green), and homemade sriracha sauce.
IMG_20220318_173309.jpg

Next is lemon zest, white wine and lemon juice. Reduce by half volume..then add the heavy cream.
IMG_20220318_173550.jpg

Then finish with butter...
IMG_20220318_174923.jpg

The Plate: On fine China at the firehouse....served over fettuccine pasta.

IMG_20220318_175810.jpg

Last edited:
can you tell us a little more about the home made sriracha sauce ?
Recipe I use...
https://www.seriouseats.com/sriracha-recipe-from-scratch

I now use an airlock from a local home brewing store. And I catch some CO2 from a 2 liter soda bottle to blanket the top of the jar to flush out the oxygen. This keeps the mold in check. I did not make any last year due to Ida wiping out my garden. So this stuff is from 2 years ago...vintage...and really great batch. That was the last of it in the pot tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Wow Keith, that looks astonishing. Simply gorgeous my friend and once again a fntastic tribute to the guys at the firehouse. Well done sir.

Robert

Looks fantastic and the flavor has to be off the charts!
Great looking chow. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
IDS, Looks delicious, I would love a plate !
That looks and sounds so good! Thanks for sharing Kieth.
Looks great , I could set down to a large plate of that flavorful fish for sure.

David
FANTASTIC!!!!!
Al
looks delicious, would definitely belly up to that
Wow Keith, that looks astonishing. Simply gorgeous my friend and once again a fntastic tribute to the guys at the firehouse. Well done sir.

Robert
Darn Keith. You sure know how to make a great looking meal!

Thanks Fellas... the guys at the firehouse really enjoyed it. I consider it a win/win as they bought the ingredients, I get to cook it...LOL!
We'll be going through all the fish and seafood in the freezers during lent. Got to make room for the summer fishing season!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky