Pan Seared Mangrove Snapper...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a feast, Charles. And starting out with that mango salsa had me hooked right from the start. Everything looks absolutely delicious.
Great to see the little sweetie back giving thanks.
Gary
I appreciate that, Gary! My wife is not a big fan of fresh mango, she doesn't like the texture, but she really loved the salsa.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
...or "grovies" as they are called, was on the menu. I had a chance to go offshore fishing with some buddies and we caught quite a few so after filleting them, I just had to cook some fresh and pan seared was it, so here we go...

First up was a mango/corn salsa that I put together a day ahead. Three ears of fresh corn, 2 ripe mangos cut into small cubes, ½ a red bell pepper chopped, 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced, 2 cloves of garlic finely diced, 1 lime zested and squeezed, a thick slice of red onion chopped, and half a can of pineapple tidbits in juice...
View attachment 669895

I cut the corn off the cob and pan seared it with a good drizzle of EVOO for about 5 minutes or until tender, but not brown, stirring frequently. Removed from heat and allowed to cool while I got everything else ready...
View attachment 669896

All the other ingredients were combined in a bowl. I added most of the juice from the can of pineapple, too. Once the corn had cooled, I added it in and the bowl was placed in the refrigerator over night. I did not add any seasoning...
View attachment 669897

Now on to the main course. Three snapper fillets, a quart of shrimp, some heirloom cherry tomatoes from a friend, and some local peaches...
View attachment 669898

The shrimp were peeled and skewered and the peaches were cut in half, all to be grilled. I brushed the shrimp with EVOO and seasoned lightly with J.O.'s #1. Got the grill hot and on they all went...
View attachment 669899
View attachment 669900
On a hot grill, this takes only a few minutes and I don't want to overcook the shrimp.

Now back in the house to get everything else ready. I cut the tomatoes in half and drizzled EVOO and balsamic vinegar on them. Placed on a sheet pan, lightly salted with course salt, and into a 400℉ for about 10 minutes or until softened...
View attachment 669901

The fish was lightly seasoned with course salt and cracked black pepper. Pan seared in EVOO and butter until brown...
View attachment 669902

To the pan drippings, I added about half a stick of butter and the juice from 1 lemon to make a sauce to go over the fish...
View attachment 669903

Give thanks...
View attachment 669904

Time to eat...
View attachment 669905

This was really a delicious meal and all those here raved about it. I don't think there's anything I would change next time...
That looks fantastic, great job!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Charles that looks like an amazing meal! Tough to beat that pic of your grand girl... but kind of cool they miss your cooking! Gonna have to try that salsa... looks tasty!

Ryan

This one pic says it all. What a truly amazing plate Charles. so much color, freshness, and vibrancy. You my friend have been killing it recently. You have my permission to make this meal for me when I come to visit :emoji_laughing: Very, very well done sir!!
1689079977799.png

Robert

Charles that looks like an amazing meal! Tough to beat that pic of your grand girl... but kind of cool they miss your cooking! Gonna have to try that salsa... looks tasty!

Ryan
Fishing has kept me pretty busy lately and by the time I get home and get my boat cleaned up, rod & reels checked, and get everything ready to go again the next day, I haven't had much time to cook and the grandgirls have definitely noticed :emoji_disappointed:. I've got to do better and not let fishing get in the way of family. The salsa was really good and would be great with tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops. Looking back at the picture, I forgot to add in the comments that I also used a finely chopped shallot...

This one pic says it all. What a truly amazing plate Charles. so much color, freshness, and vibrancy. You my friend have been killing it recently. You have my permission to make this meal for me when I come to visit :emoji_laughing: Very, very well done sir!!
View attachment 670313

Robert
Robert, this will definitely be on the menu and I look forward to making it for you, my friend...:emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky