Pan Fried Tilapia w/ Lemon White Wine Cream Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok so after eating CPB for 6 days straight….. it was time for a little variety…..because the NY is all gone….

Marinaded the filets in butter milk, we get these at Costco….nice individual vac sealed filets…..
IMG_7831.jpeg

Next up is the breadcrumb process……flour, egg, breadcrumbs……
IMG_7832.jpeg

Pan fried with classic olive and a bit of butter in the hexclad……just love the sear from the HC!
IMG_7833.jpeg

My wife’s cream sauce, she made a roux and built it from there……she is the sauce queen in the house!
IMG_7835.jpeg

The green side was pan finished after being blanched in garlic/onion seasoned water….
IMG_7834.jpeg

After the filets were crispy they are placed in a foil pan and into the oven (convection) at 450 for 4 min till the filets were 150 INT…..
IMG_7836.jpeg

The finished plate along with the wife’s made Cesar!
IMG_7837.jpeg

Man this is so light and fresh plate is full of flavor!
IMG_7839.jpeg

This was the second time we have done this, the first was a few weeks ago, I snapped a few pics but didn’t post……this post had wild rice and lemon juice drizzle with it….
IMG_7658.jpeg

The money shot!
IMG_7659.jpeg

Even with all that green stuff on there I'd tear it up! :emoji_laughing:
But really, That is a great looking meal.

Jim

Looks great!

Like TNJAKE TNJAKE we'll definitely try that with some other type of fish,fluke or blackfish certainly comes to mind.

Looks delicious all around. I've been using your older Tilapia recipe and it's so good. Now I gotta try this ASAP.
Thanks for sharing, great work.

That’s looks delicious. We don’t eat tilapia but will definitely give this a go with some other fish. Nice work bud
Many thaks Jake. Any white fish will work, I'm hoping the yellow perch are biting this spring because we want to make this with fresh caught!
Looks real tasty, love a good sauce.
Thanks chiler, yes the sauce with rice and greens makes a full plate of flavor.
Nicely done! Sauce looks da bomb!
Thanks swamp, I posted a few more examples below for SZ. As you know a shallot/garlic based roux is a basic building block that goes far and wide!
Even with all that green stuff on there I'd tear it up! :emoji_laughing:
But really, That is a great looking meal.

Jim
Many thanks Jim...... I know the green stuff is a distraction but it looks good in the pics....LOL
Gorgeous meal! Care to expand on how the sauce was put together?
Thanks SZ.

I don't have the 100% recipe for the sauce as the wife just does it, however, here is basics of it.

diced shallot & crushed garlic, 1/3c each butter/flour, the shallots/garlic are sweated then flour and is cooked to a light blond color. Then about 1c white wine slowly added and some stock to get the right consistency. Then fresh lemon juice about a full lemon, thyme, Italian seasoning mix (she usually makes her own fresh chopped) this time she used a Kinders as we got it at the discount store. S&P and a splash of sugar and cream for balance.

Here are couple more examples & variations.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/comp-thighs-with-tarragon-white-wine-cream-sauce.320400/

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/reverse-seared-prime-ny-w-crawfish-cream-sauce.321811/

Looks good! LIKE!
much appreciated yankee!
Looks great!

Like TNJAKE TNJAKE we'll definitely try that with some other type of fish,fluke or blackfish certainly comes to mind.
thanks norm! Yup any white fish would work. if you really wanted it high scale, some halibut would be the bomb!
Looks fantastic! I really need to work more fish into my diet.
Thanks jcam, yes fish is a nice rotation!
Looks delicious all around. I've been using your older Tilapia recipe and it's so good. Now I gotta try this ASAP.
Thanks for sharing, great work.
This one?
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/lemon-thyme-tilapia.306295/

Thanks and yes that was tasty too. The crispy crust adds a nice touch to them and variety!

We eat tilapia when cod isn't available. I'll have to give your recipe a go.Thanks Civil

Point for sure
Chris

We are having tilapia for dinner tonight too, have it all the time!
But it won’t look as good as yours. One day we will try your recipe, cause it sure looks delicious!!
Al

Looks awesome, we should eat more fish in our house. Gonna have to try that recipe for sure.

We eat tilapia when cod isn't available. I'll have to give your recipe a go.Thanks Civil

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris. We do cod in fried but my wife likes the lighter taste of the tilapia for oven roasted and pan fried. This Costco stuff is clean tasting and it helps offset the price of beef these days!
We are having tilapia for dinner tonight too, have it all the time!
But it won’t look as good as yours. One day we will try your recipe, cause it sure looks delicious!!
Al
Much appreciated Al! There are a couple recipes in the thread and both are really good. The oven broiled one is a bit lighter, but the crunch of the breadcrumbs is satisfying!
Looks awesome, we should eat more fish in our house. Gonna have to try that recipe for sure.
Many thanks JL! Sneaking fish into the rotation is always a nice variety for sure! This is a really light and fresh tasting plate for sure!

Reactions: JLinza
Like Jake TNJAKE TNJAKE , we don't eat tilapia, but we love pan fried or seared fish. We prefer the fish I catch, but you know we love our seafood around here...😉

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky