Official 1st Annual North Carolina Gathering April 27th - 29th (Now with More Pictures)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jason and I had a blast @ the gathering.

Thank you to Cricket for letting Scott host the gathering. I learned a lot talking with the other forum members and watching Joel smoke the butts, brisket, corned beef, mac & cheese, and baked beans.

I am truly amazed at how much better beer tastes when it's in a red solo cup. Who knew?

Don

Last edited:
Man.. aren't these gatherings a blast... So much good food.. So many good people... and just think.. If it wasn't for Jeff none of these would of ever happened... Looks like the first N.C. Gathering was definitely a success

and now some of ya's may have made some new friends for life...

great job y'all

Looks loke a gerat time. Wish I could have been there instead of sitting in a hotel in Ohio. No one sleeping by the fire I see!
It didn't feel right without you there Tim.
biggrin.gif

Pajama Rototilling huh? and to think it was just playing corn hole at Jerry's. Looks like a good first NC gathering you guys.Have fun and be safe.
We are an inventive bunch. Next time we are going to spatchcock a calf.
biggrin.gif

Joel, Scott and everyone. We had a great time today really enjoyed everything.
It was a real pleasure to meet you. Good luck keeping up with Isaac!
Man i wish i could be there
th_crybaby2.gif
That would have been fun. We coulda brought the cards out Ahron.
Had a great time.

Want to thank Scott and his wife for the hospitality and food. Joel, Jo, Don for smoking somve very good butts, briskits, beans, mac cheese and to everyong who made or brought goodies.

Enjoy some pics.

Thanks again to everyone for a nice gathering.
Always a good time when you're around Rick. It was nice to meet Crystal as well.
It was indeed a pleasure to meet all of you yesterday. Joel and Dennis; your iron beast is a work of art, not to mention the fact that it performs better than a lot of little smokers I've used or heard about. Scott and Cricket; thanks again for hosting this inaugural event. Your home was a perfect venue and I felt like I was in the company of long time friends. Even Terrie, who doesn't normally feel comfortable in a group of strangers, felt relaxed and enjoyed socializing with the group.

To everyone there; what a friendly and entertaining group of people. I now understand why the forum is such a success. From now on I'll look on my participation with a whole new perspective.

Hope the wrap-up today is equally enjoyed by all. Scott, you know I'm close and will be happy to put today's plans on hold if you need help w/ clean up, etc.

Bill

Oops... forgot to mention the food
drool.gif
. Just look at the pics (thanks Nepas) and imagine it tasting even better than it looks. 'Nuff said....
Thanks for coming Bill! It was a joy to meet you and your wife.
I cannot wait to have all of you back over! Do we have to wait a year?  :)
I will let you and Scott work that out. lol Thanks again for hosting us Cricket!
Jason and I had a blast @ the gathering.

Thank you to Cricket for letting Scott host the gathering. I learned a lot talking with the other forum members and watching Joel smoke the butts, brisket, corned beef, mac & cheese, and baked beans.

I am truly amazed at how much better beer tastes when it's in a red solo cup. Who knew?

Don
I am glad you and Jason could attend Don. It was nice meeting you both.
Nice showing for the 1st NC Gathering! The food looked great!!!
I overcooked your rack a bit waiting for the pastrami Laurel, but they still turned out pretty good.
biggrin.gif

Looks like a great event congrats

What a great time we had. After a little cleaning up yesterday I was cashed. Everyone that came had a great time and contributed something. Everyone was very respectful and considerate. What a great group. After it was over there really wasn't that bad of a mess. Thank you for using the trash cans and recycle bin. Everyone was so helpful that it all went off without a hitch. Got to feed some soldiers and firefighters too. Boy those Army guys can eat.
biggrin.gif
All together we had 25 adults and 1 Isaac on Saturday. He sure is a cute kid. The food was awesome and no one went hungry. Got my garden tilled and my fridge moved too. I was very happy. Tired but happy. I'd do it again. I'll have pics later. Took a bunch. Thanks again all for a wonderful weekend.

Had some puter problems lately so my posts have been minimal......... I think I have them cleared up

I would like to thank Scott and Cricket for hosting the 1st NC gathering and say what a great time I had and also a big thanks to Joel for the fine food we ate and a thank you to all the members who took time out of their busy schedules to attend and make it a fun and successful gathering.......Here are some pics

The early birds

a7d98eb7_HPIM2458.jpg

My son Joey decided to come along. It was nice to get away from his friends and spend some quality time together......

ea8ab22d_HPIM2459.jpg

The Cook and his wife

070c94ed_HPIM2469.jpg

46dacde1_HPIM2466.jpg

bd4a69aa_HPIM2471.jpg

f3f68a65_HPIM2465.jpg

The next day

11d4c4ee_HPIM2479.jpg

cbedd126_HPIM2480.jpg

694398ea_HPIM2483.jpg

c35f2728_HPIM2486.jpg

fec8f36f_HPIM2487.jpg

337f6b64_HPIM2488.jpg

88a8af6c_HPIM2489.jpg

7323f0f9_HPIM2490.jpg

Every pic I took of Rick he either had a cup or plate full of food........
biggrin.gif

ad5f3695_HPIM2495.jpg

What a fashion statement. these were not the only jam jams looking attire

613a94aa_HPIM2493.1.jpg

f5e2b9db_HPIM2494.jpg

e0a1ed3d_HPIM2503.jpg

86c367c5_HPIM2504.jpg

4e8b99e6_HPIM2506.jpg

a1655213_HPIM2502.jpg

3bf0c865_HPIM2484.jpg

See ya next year

Boykjo

lol Great pics Joe! I need to lose some weight so I don't look so Festerish.

No pics of your sausages?

Is that SolarYellow's smoker in the pics above?

Glad you all had a great time and awesome smoking. Bet it was good. Loved the brisket....sweeet....

More pics of the smoker please!

:)

WC

Looks like you all had a great time. Nice turnout for the 1st and delicious looking food. Sure wish I could've bailed on work and made the trip up.

Don

Our Lovely Hostess.

52790fef_Cricket.jpg

Making sure it looks OK for our guests.

08ec65fb_IMG_2824.jpg

No one here yet.

12420d90_IMG_2827.jpg

Dateline: 10:30 AM Friday

Ah, Solaryellow must be here.

94b19815_IMG_2831.jpg

And his wood. Oak on the left. Hickory on the right.

99fdf898_IMG_2832.jpg

Grilled onions and peppers for the fajitas.

a3d7d670_IMG_2833.jpg

Grilled Flap meat from Joel's Mexican meat guy.

c0131fb2_IMG_2834.jpg

We were so busy eating we never took a fajita pic.

3f4f3e2c_IMG_2835.jpg

We sat around eating Scarbelly's nuts. It was quite humorous. Wasn't it Gary.
biggrin.gif

5da4cd43_IMG_2836.jpg

Night is falling and it's supper time.

c8bf658c_IMG_2837.jpg

Made some Italian sausage and pepper and provolone grinders. Man they were good. Joel's made from scratch baked beans were some of the best I've ever had.

a8cca1d8_IMG_2838.jpg

Sausage and homemade sauce.

707fca1a_IMG_2840.jpg

Those beans are sooooo good. I still have some.
drool.gif

c82f03cb_IMG_2841.jpg

Joel and I talking about who knows what.

59caac30_IMG_2845.jpg

It was pretty quiet at this juncture.

71ae4dfa_IMG_2846.jpg

Backyard at night.

a71abd26_IMG_2847.jpg

We all had enough to eat.

82e934cd_IMG_2849.jpg

Well that was Friday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky