7th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 18, 19 and 20, 2018)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_3374.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3377.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG
IMG_3383.JPG
IMG_3384.JPG
IMG_3385.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG
IMG_3388.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG
IMG_3390.JPG
IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3392.JPG
IMG_3393.JPG
IMG_3394.JPG
IMG_3395.JPG
IMG_3396.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3361.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG
IMG_3363.JPG
IMG_3364.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG
IMG_3367.JPG
IMG_3368.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPG

I wish I could have spent more time down at Scott's place, but it was fantastic to catch up with him and Joe. Cricket was as gracious of a host as ever. I enjoyed meeting Nancy and Lance and their kiddo Rosie. It was also a pleasure to meet Vicki. I miss these events so much and so enjoyed the chili dogs, ABTs, tri-tip, wings, and just the general laughter. You guys are the best!

A huge thanks to the sponsors that helped make this event a wonderful thing!

Thanks for the photos Hey Joe if you behaved you wouldn't have to worry about what photos showed up. :D
Looks like more than enough food and a great time was had. How many attended the party?

Great looking food sorry I missed it but then again my waist line is better off.

Warren

Sorry but I'm not much of a picture taker...it's probably something I should work on. I have some beef back ribs smoking right now for dinner. I could shoot a pic or two and we could fib and say they were at the gathering.....

Thanks again or hosting. Are you and Cricket thinking of making the PA gathering?

Lance

unfortunately I had my phone off for the weekend. Was kind of nice though......It happens.... You just had to be there..lol

The food was good. So where we you?

Leaning forward in the saddle a bit for next year, the owner of a custom cabinet shop I'm doing some business with says that if I park a trailer at his shop for a few weeks he'll fill it with scrap pieces of maple, alder, red oak, white oak, cherry, ash etc. He was looking at my 16' cargo trailer at the time but I suspect a better trailer would be my former military M101A2 cargo trailer (about 5-1/2x8' and five feet tall with the racks and cover on it). It would mean making two trips next year but I could drop it at alelover's and folks could choose what they want to take home.....

The food was good. So where we you?

Leaning forward in the saddle a bit for next year, the owner of a custom cabinet shop I'm doing some business with says that if I park a trailer at his shop for a few weeks he'll fill it with scrap pieces of maple, alder, red oak, white oak, cherry, ash etc. He was looking at my 16' cargo trailer at the time but I suspect a better trailer would be my former military M101A2 cargo trailer (about 5-1/2x8' and five feet tall with the racks and cover on it). It would mean making two trips next year but I could drop it at alelover's and folks could choose what they want to take home.....

L, I was working in NH ! :) sounds like a great deal for folks to get free wood !

NH! That's just a hop skip and a jump up I-95.....OK, maybe it's two hops a skip and a jump :)

For the NC folks watching this thread Food Lion has $1.78 St Louis cut ribs and DJ Galaxy Foods in Booneville and Mount Airy have $.88 pork butts.....

I'm hoping I can make a good enough impression to get an invite for the next one.
Have a good friend and better cook than I that we can put the camper at near by in Kannapolis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky