1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Official 1st Annual North Carolina Gathering April 27th - 29th (Now with More Pictures)

Discussion in 'Events' started by solaryellow, Dec 12, 2011.

1. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

An official date has been chosen for the 1st annual NC gathering. The event will take place at the sprawling estate of Alelover in Concord, NC. This event is open for anyone who would like to attend whether you live in NC or elsewhere. Spend the whole weekend or just a few hours.  We will have several smokers available to cook on and Alelover has room for some tents to be pitched on. There are also lots of lodging options around the area.

We have not come up with a menu just yet and that is where you come in. If you are planning on attending and would like to cook something for the group, please post it up or you can PM Alelover or myself.

For those who have not attended a SMF gathering before it will be a weekend of relaxing, eating, and fellowship. It is a chance to meet some of the great SMF'ers you interact with everyday. You won't find a nicer group of people or better food.

Please post up if you plan to attend so we can can keep track of how many to expect. Alelover and I both look forward to meeting some wonderful new people!

Menu:

Friday Dinner

Chicken, Kielbasa, Italian sausage, baked beans, slaw

Saturday breakfast

Fatties, bacon, eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, toast

Lunch

Sausage, ribs, pastrami, potato chips, Joe's potato salad, pickles

Dinner

Pulled pork, brisket, burnt ends, smoked mac and cheese, hushpuppies, beans, antipasto salad and slaw

Sunday

Breakfast

Fatties, bacon, eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, toast

Lunch

leftovers

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  2. wjordan52

wjordan52 Meat Mopper

NC
    I live close and will attend for whatever time I can slip away from work. My smoker isn't portable so I won't be able to help with that, but I can bring something to cook (or contribute if a collection is started).

Great idea... I look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Poppy Bill

3. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Congrats on getting this started Joel.  We've done a couple of them and have had a great time.  Good Luck and I hope you have a great turnout!

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Oh boy you are making it hard to attend this gathering also. This one is the week after Jerry's North Florida gathering. Does this mean you are going to miss Jerry's???? I will try to make this one too. Now it is a good amount of time for me to save some pennies. I'll be in touch. 

5. solaryellow

Mark, it is two weeks after the North Florida gathering. I plan to make it to Jerry's again this year. It would be great to see your smiling face twice in a month.

6. "sprawling estate"

That's funny Joel.

7. solaryellow

Compared to my postage stamp HOA controlled lot, it certainly is. [​IMG]

8. No HOA here. I can do whatever I want. [​IMG]

9. papagreer

papagreer Meat Mopper

Gonna try and make this..... It would be nice to meet some of you in person. 

Chris

10. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Hey Joel and Scott......I will be attending but I wont know what day yet. I will probably spend only 1 night due to the gathering in florida. I burn 40hrs vacation in three days that weekend so I will have to make the nc gathering short. I'll be bringing some sausages (go figure)...........

looking forward to seeing all of you in april

and mark twice in a month too......[​IMG]

Joe

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  11. solaryellow

Awesome Joe!

We are still looking for any volunteers who would like to cook or have a specialty they would like to share with the group. Scott and I will start working on a menu very soon.

12. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Does this mean ,if i attend i can bring the fire arms and explosives???[​IMG]

13. There are some neighbors within bullet distance but explosives are OK.

14. boykjo

Ok .....you got me................I give up....   HOA?

Dumbfounded Joe

15. solaryellow

Home Owners Association - A collection of turds who have no life and entertain themselves by deciding what other home owners can and cannot do with their home.

16. Home Owners Association.......

17. boykjo

My attention deficit disorder was kicking in.......thanks guys

Joe

18. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

First off let me say... IF ANYBODY IS IN DOUBT......GOOOOO.... We attended the S. FL. Gathering and had a blast... That being said, If it wasn't so close to the N. FL. Gathering (which I still am planning to attend) I would think about coming up. The food and the people are FANTASTIC... Good Luck y'all with the turn out

19. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can you "p" from your front porch without gettin' into trouble.....[​IMG]... I can... as long as bride ain't lookin'[​IMG]

20. Not in front, but out back. No problem.