Matambre a la pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vargard

Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
Skane, Sweden
There was low price on pork sirloin at the shop so I had to buy one, but I didn´t know what to do with it. After a search on the web I found matambre a la pizza.

Cut the meat to 8mm thick and try to make it as large and flat as possible. Season it to taste and grill for 1 hour.

I mixed the tomato sauce with homemade bbq sauce, it was still bbq pizza I wanted.
Then I topped with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapeno and cheese.
Grilling 10-15 minutes, then it was ready to eat!

Served it with home made mayo, chips and cabbage sallad.
In Sweden we always have cabbage sallad along with pizza.
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg
IMG_2043 (3).jpg
IMG_2044 (4).jpg
IMG_2045.jpg

Thanks for watching!

That is fantastic!
What a great idea!
Definitely going to give that a try!!
Congrats on making the carousel!!!
Al

OMG, is that a pizza with a Pork crust!!! And Tacobell thinks they have something with Taco shells made from chicken !

that looks fantastic and is definitely on my list.

? for on of the butchers on this group. Is pork Sirloin and Pork Loin the same thing? That is what they cut of meat looks like to me anyway.

Thanks everyone!
I bought a Traeger 34 last fall and I am so pleased with it. Everything that have pass trough it has tasted so good.

There was low price on pork sirloin at the shop so I had to buy one, but I didn´t know what to do with it. After a search on the web I found matambre a la pizza.

Cut the meat to 8mm thick and try to make it as large and flat as possible. Season it to taste and grill for 1 hour.

I mixed the tomato sauce with homemade bbq sauce, it was still bbq pizza I wanted.
Then I topped with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapeno and cheese.
Grilling 10-15 minutes, then it was ready to eat!

Served it with home made mayo, chips and cabbage sallad.
In Sweden we always have cabbage sallad along with pizza.
View attachment 370322View attachment 370323View attachment 370327View attachment 370328View attachment 370329
Thanks for watching!
I love this idea,a must try for sure!

What is the doneness of the 'Crust'?
I was afraid that the meat would get dry so I smoked it at 275°F until done. It became juicy and tender so I am pleased and will do it again.
If you take a normal pizza slice of this you will get a serious amount of meat on your plate.

That looks incredible - Nice job.

Point for sure.

Chris

Yuuummmm!!! That is a fantastic idea!!! Definite Like on that... Very good looking piazza.... Great job.. Congrats on your carousel ride as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky