• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Peach , great job being concerned . If she is comfortable with CJP , and has had no ill effects , you're doing the right thing .

Thanks chopsaw. It’s been a rocky ride with the allergies she has developed but we finally have some things figured out. And the summer sausage I made her was awesome. Simple but very flavorful.
The bacon is mighty tasty also. I should post the recipes but I don’t want to cause a ruckus or have someone mislead. If anyone has any questions you can always PM me.

I can not speak on the LAcid as I have never used it. I don't like summer sausage. In previous theads on the subject of CJP we found different manufacturers call for different amounts be used. The companies test for concentration and write the directions for accordingly.
For the OP, what ever source you use for the CJP, follow that companies direction for use.
NEPAS is one of the sausage Gurus here and can better assist on acid or culture use...JJ

The other day I read where EACH batch of celery juice powder had to be analyzed for the Nitrite/Nitrate concentration... So an accurate recipe could be associated with each batch for consumer use.... Each batch, the nitrite is made from a chemical reaction, using bacteria, to form the nitrite from nitrate.....
So, use the directions from the batch you purchased...

Last edited:
The key is following the label on the cjp. I am not going to say an amount because it can be different. I get cjp from the sausage maker who I consider to be a reputable company so I trust there label.

What is MTQ?

SP, Rick is referring to Mortons Tender Quick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky