Jerky morning, cheesy afternoon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

THutson67

Original poster
Dec 5, 2020
Indiana
This was my Thursday. Jerky, about 2 pieces left and the cheese is sitting in the fridge (tightly plastic wrapped in a ziplock) until the 24th... So I have no idea how it came out yet. That 7 day wait is a bummer! Store brand cheese, cut longways, Swiss, Mozzarella, and mild cheddar. Hope it tastes as good as it looked! These are the starting pictures, forgot to take any for after pics. The cheese didn't really darken as much as I expected, I left it on for about 3.5 hours with just the smoke tube going. It was about 35F here and the chamber never got over 75F so it all stayed solid. I probably could have kept it cooler if I'd taken the insulation blanket off, but I didn't think about it at the time, and I already had my probe run through the back.

Attachments

• 20201217_130400.jpg
    20201217_130400.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 55
Looks good! Bet your cheese turns out delicious! Only problem is my scratch n sniff button isn't working!

Ryan

man this all looks good... I'm interested how the cheese comes out with just a 7 day rest... usually a 14 day rest is the minimum... longer (months/years) is better yet ...

Reactions: THutson67
man this all looks good... I'm interested how the cheese comes out with just a 7 day rest... usually a 14 day rest is the minimum... longer (months/years) is better yet ...
Oh wow, I read 7 days minimum. I will have to let you know. LOL. My first time ever with cheese.

So I tried it on Christmas Eve, the cheddar was a little harsh but I still liked it. The Swiss and mozzarella were really good. To me,I'm no expert. LOL. Still have more unopened in the fridge. I'll see if it mellows a bit more.

Looks good. My favorite cheese to smoke is Mozzi. Will package it up after smoking and let it sit in the fridge for a couple months before I dare taste it.

Reactions: THutson67
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky