Hit a problem with smoking brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Novelsmoker

Original poster
Jul 24, 2020
Hi,
I’m new to this forum but I was hoping some Good Samaritan would answer my question..
I smoked a brisket yesterday for about 4hrs in 110C till IT reached 65C, it developed a beautiful bark and smelt Devine. I then transferred the brisket into the oven at 110C to steam (I put it on top of a rack with water and wrapped in foil). Steamed for 3hrs until IT reached 87C. Rested for an hour - it came out so juicy, juice running everywhere, cuts through like butter, stunning. Put it in the fridge over night and today it’s rock hard! What’s happened in my process to change the texture to the complete opposite?? Where did I fail?
I must say, reheating slowly helped somewhat but it’s just not like last night?
Thank you in advance!

Hi,
I’m new to this forum but I was hoping some Good Samaritan would answer my question..
I smoked a brisket yesterday for about 4hrs in 110C till IT reached 65C, it developed a beautiful bark and smelt Devine. I then transferred the brisket into the oven at 110C to steam (I put it on top of a rack with water and wrapped in foil). Steamed for 3hrs until IT reached 87C. Rested for an hour - it came out so juicy, juice running everywhere, cuts through like butter, stunning. Put it in the fridge over night and today it’s rock hard! What’s happened in my process to change the texture to the complete opposite?? Where did I fail?
I must say, reheating slowly helped somewhat but it’s just not like last night?
Thank you in advance!
Generally, a “pre-cooked” brisket is sliced prior to post-cook storage. I do it fairly commonly. and vacuum pack with some of the wrap juice. I reheat the still-vacuum packed slices in near boiling water, and they are essentially indistinguishable from just out of the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky