Briskets, Haven't Posted a Cook in a While

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks great , all sliced and ready for eating.

And I still have not done one yet.
Well have to get one going this spring when we have a couple
folks over, that's a big slab for just the 2 of us ..... maybe not

David
Oh yeah eating some right now for lunch! :D

There are like 9-15 fundamental things to consider with smoking a brisket. None are hard, but missing a couple could big a big deal.

Some good practice for a brisket is to use a pork butt, HOWEVER apply your brisket process too it. That will easily knock down half or more of the fundamentals for doing a brisket.
Unfortunately trimming a pork butt and temp probe placement on a pork butt are different than with a full packer brisket, BUT most of the rest apply and will give you some good practice for a fraction of the cost.

A vac sealer is a good tool to have as well. I did 2 of these suckers and 1 wont even be touched before it becomes time to vac seal hahaha :D

Nicely done Carlo!
Thanks Brian! :)

Looks excellant
Thanks smokerjim smokerjim :)
Way to go! Nice looking Brisket!

That would definitely be a step up after chicken for an extended period of time!
Thanks!
Oh yeah, definitely something special after weeks of chicken hahaha :D

WOOOOO Boy! Thats some pretty brisket!!! Yep, your metabolism aint gonna know what to think when that red meat hits it. But I'd suffer through the meat sweats for a plateful!

Jim
Thanks, it taste amazing as well :D
Hahahah yeah my body is going to go nuts for a week while I eat on this stuff.

I'm sure it is going to hold onto every calorie it gets. 16 oz of grilled chicken breast is 500 calories. 16oz of smoked brisket is like 1,312 calories. Gonna have to make some cuts in other areas of my food during these brisket days, but it will be worth it hahaha.

Awesome come back cook like the idea if the fat on top.

Warren
Thanks Warren!
Yeah figured I'd do some experimenting knowing it's not going to hurt anything. Only possibilities of helping with what I'm doing :D

Oh yeah eating some right now for lunch! :D

There are like 9-15 fundamental things to consider with smoking a brisket. None are hard, but missing a couple could big a big deal.

Some good practice for a brisket is to use a pork butt, HOWEVER apply your brisket process too it. That will easily knock down half or more of the fundamentals for doing a brisket.
Unfortunately trimming a pork butt and temp probe placement on a pork butt are different than with a full packer brisket, BUT most of the rest apply and will give you some good practice for a fraction of the cost.

A vac sealer is a good tool to have as well. I did 2 of these suckers and 1 wont even be touched before it becomes time to vac seal hahaha :D

Thank you very much. That is good info . And the practice on a pork butt makes sense.
I have this bookmarked when I get to start my journey , butt first on a pork, lol

Thank you

David

Reactions: tallbm
Thank you very much. That is good info . And the practice on a pork butt makes sense.
I have this bookmarked when I get to start my journey , butt first on a pork, lol

Thank you

David
You'll get it down. Practice makes perfect :)

Looks terrific! Very nicely done! 👍🍻

Red
Thanks! It's been keeping me fed all week :D

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Welcome back. Great to see you again. That brisket looks really good. Very nice, and as much as I don't do sauce most of the time, I gotta admit, Rudy's sauce is pretty darned good.

Robert

Welcome back. Great to see you again. That brisket looks really good. Very nice, and as much as I don't do sauce most of the time, I gotta admit, Rudy's sauce is pretty darned good.

Robert
Thanks!

I always like some sauce but I only add at the table so I can get as little or as much as I like. Yeah Rudy's is hands down my favorite!
I'm about to give away a giant bottle of it as a birthday gift tomorrow. I always have a few bottles on hand and when in doubt for a gift, it's Rudy's Sause that I just gift away :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky