First time poster,,, REUBEN FATTY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tom knotek

Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Northfield, Ohio
Just wanted to share my  Reuben Fatty.  

Corned beef, swiss, grainy brown mustard, and kraut.  I have done about 15 different kinds of fatties and this is my new favorite!!

2012-12-30_18-08-52_985.jpg

2012-12-30_18-08-12_352.jpg

2012-12-30_11-14-28_844.jpg

2012-12-30_11-22-31_460.jpg

Hi Tom!  
welcome1.gif
 to the SMF!  I must say, that is an awesome looking fatty.

Our forum is the best on the web for experienced smokers who have smoked just about everything and we are glad you joined us.

I won't give you my usual speech about Q-view 'cause I see you already have the hang of it.

I would ask that you stop by the Roll Call forum and formally introduce yourself to the community and, if you would update your profile with your location.

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

Thanks Bill, I have been a lurker on here for about 3 years or so now.  Pretty much anything that I have done has been influenced by this site and the forums.

See ya soon,

Now that looks and sounds like a Grrreat tasting Fatty! Thanks for sharing(I think I know what my 1st fatty will be)...

drool.gif

That looks great!  It would probably make a killer sandwich between two slices of swirled rye! 
drool.gif

Last edited:
I was planning on rolling a big ole fatty tomorrow and now I see that I'm going to have to roll 2 because I have to try this Reuben one and my bride will not do sauerkraut.

Thanks for sharing.

I made one like this yesterday but with corned beef I made in the crockpot last week. It's up there in the 10 best tasting things I've ever eaten. Ermagerd! No need for bread. Bacon is your bread!

Man that looks absolutely awesome and its a creative way to make a reuben. Adding this one to the list to try out some time.

Have yet to make my own fatty, not for lack of wanting to but waiting for one that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Your Reuben has me near drooling on the keyboard. Sat nights dinner for VikingQueen and I were Reuben sandwiches, cooked up a (don't beat me up) store bought corned beef then sliced all for sandwiches. Plenty of meat and kraut left over, may be a fatty in our future but probably not until my 15#of belly is finished in a week or so.

Jetman<<<

I made 3 fatties the other day. one was a southwest, another was italian, and this one. The reuben fatty was right up there in the top ten best things I ever ate in my life. It has replaced my dreams of cake. Tonight, I'm going to make another one of these. But, I'm going to use fresh kielbasa for the sausage this time. It just seems like it makes sense.

Thanks for the compliments. Lets see some other pics of you guys reubens!!!  Making corned beef this weekend.  Just may have to make another one.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky