Store bought corned beef smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did not. Dang it I should have.
I took it out of the smoker at 165 and into the oven, covered with a little water in the glass baking dish until 200.
Did that tender it up?

^ You might be able to save it by braising it in a little low sodium beef broth or better yet a little bone broth. Put it in a glass casserole dish, fill the dish up 1/4 to 1/2 way up the meat, cover the dish with heatproof plastic wrap then foil. Make sure it's wrapped up tight, then put it in a 325* oven for an hour or two, by then it should be almost falling apart under the pressure of a fork, keep checking it for tenderness, sauces uncovered then serve over white rice or on a good sandwich roll.

I do this with screwed up brisket, and it works very well, I've saved a bunch of cuts using this method, try it out.

Dan
I'm going to try this tonight with it. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

Well, thanks again everyone for the tips. Did not work out reheating in the oven tonight. Was as tough, or tougher, than before.
On to the next adventure. And chicken strips and homemade mac n cheese tonight.
20231116_191444.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
Well, thanks again everyone for the tips. Did not work out reheating in the oven tonight. Was as tough, or tougher, than before.
On to the next adventure. And chicken strips and homemade mac n cheese tonight.View attachment 681106
Wow that seems so weird that even heating it up it would not tender up and fall apart.
I like your idea of shredding it all to hell for use in a hash. Best of luck with it! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky