Father's Day Plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My dad passed a few years ago and my adult children are either too far away or don't speak to me and the missus. My dear wife working all weekend so just me and the grandson we're raising. Will probably do a pork butt for some pulled pork and my world famous (my world anyway) BBQ sauce.

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
I am smoking a prime rib and grilling some veggies. Probably make some pig shots or something for a quick app.
Of course the bourbon will be flowing :)

OK---Now I got the Word:
Bear Jr & his wife are going out to eat Saturday for their June 17th Wedding Anniversary (12th).
And they're inviting us for Father's Day Dinner on Sunday, for "Ribeyes & Shrimp"!!
I wonder how they knew I liked that stuff?!?!

Bear

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
I told my dad I would make him something to eat. He asked for ribs so I know what I am doing. Supposed to get thunderstorms and rain here on Sunday though so I may just end up making them on Saturday and reheating.

Picked up 3 racks of baby backs and a rack of spares,wife came toting in a John Henry Raspberry Chipolte rub that looks like a winner,son was in a wreck the nite before memorial day on his way home from work,.Still banged up so I will be cooking for him,never had a biological dad just 2 steps,made sure my son never had to grow up with out me being there any time I'm needed. Hope every body has a great day and hug em if ya got em and hoist 1 to the memory of those that have passed.

So i figured out some plans.
for Saturday we are going over to Dad's (hour away) and take him some CSR's. He is dying to work on my car (put in an O2 sensor) so im going to let him do that (although i told him not to worry about it on fathers day) Sunday will be a quiet evening watching WWE pay per view that my wife is dying to see (on our anniversary) . so no big plans but just some general things. I will have a thread about my CSR's in a day or two...

Happy Father's Day!
phatbac (Aaron)

My daughter requested smoked pork ribs and my baked beans.
I told her I’ll do the ribs Ham on a Stick style. So tomorrow it’s cooking food which I love to do in the summer and watch the US Open golf tournament.... life is good:)

Unfortunately i'm down this weekend with spinal issues that are keeping me from my pit. My daughter will be stepping up and grilling at her new house instead. Everyone have a well deserved Fathers day-enjoy!

Hey Neighbor!!
Hope you're up & at-em real Soon!!
Take a Breather.

Bear

Happy Fathers Day!
20180616_091622.jpg

Reactions: Nutshell
Yeah it has been two years since the last fathers day and I bought my pellet grill and today we are smoking brisket and beef ribs. Need them tender as I only have 5 front teeth on my upper jaw as I am in the process of denture should be fun LOL

IMG_0533.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky