First BuckBoard Bacon for me , 1 as a Christmas thank you gift .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is some killer looking BBB. and like you said, that smaller one is perfect sized for burgers and BLTs! The fella at the contractors desk is gonna be eating good also.
Alright that settles it. No BBB throw-downs. LOL
Any time David enters a TD it’s a hard fight for a win and generally the rest of us are shooting for second! He always turns out great cooks.

Jim

Man that is some killer looking BBB. and like you said, that smaller one is perfect sized for burgers and BLTs! The fella at the contractors desk is gonna be eating good also.

Any time David enters a TD it’s a hard fight for a win and generally the rest of us are shooting for second! He always turns out great cooks.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the comment

Yes I like to try and roll 1 so it fits on a burger or a sandwich.
And he was really happy when I delivered it to him. And I think better then the bottle of Rum I normally give to him every year.
He normally gets a few bottles of my different preserves also through out the year. He treats me well on pricing for materials also.

I love doing the throwdowns , more for the fun of trying something different all the time, or new to me anyway. And I have been lucky on a couple of them . But always stiff competition.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks Jim for the comment

Yes I like to try and roll 1 so it fits on a burger or a sandwich.
And he was really happy when I delivered it to him. And I think better then the bottle of Rum I normally give to him every year.
He normally gets a few bottles of my different preserves also through out the year. He treats me well on pricing for materials also.

I love doing the throwdowns , more for the fun of trying something different all the time, or new to me anyway. And I have been lucky on a couple of them . But always stiff competition.

David
You know I’m just razzing ya. You and a lot of the others amaze me with y‘alls entries. Like you I do it for fun and hope for a couple of votes.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Eric Late Dec 4th , cured and in the fridge. Early 19th out of cure bags, rinsed and padded dry and back in fridge. Dec 21st smoked.

Is there something I did in the length of rest in the fridge after washed. Now you have me worried.

David
No, not at all wrong. I just know that in that 14-21 day window is where the best flavor is developed. You did excellent.

You know I’m just razzing ya. You and a lot of the others amaze me with y‘alls entries. Like you I do it for fun and hope for a couple of votes.
Jim

yes I do indeed Jim, i had another comment I was going to say , but sometimes my smartass answers do not come off right in a text :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Well here is another use for my Buckboard Bacon

A " BLTEC " sandwich. Bacon lettuce tomato cheese and egg in toast, OMG this is great

DSC_9088.JPG DSC_9089.JPG

DSC_9090.JPG

DSC_9091.JPG

Toaster is acting up , hope there is a new one under the tree, lol

I like my toast light but this is stupid. :emoji_laughing:

David

Thanks Jim , I had that and I was happy , than Mona made a big pot of her
homemade spaghetti, and I made a pig of myself , now I'm feeling it .

I'll have a good nap before bed lol

Big cook tomorrow getting the ham all done up and the extra large pot of stuffing , so Christmas day is mostly turkey and fixin's to be cooked
After I tear up all the paper off of my gifts , lol

David

Nice work there David, it looks amazing!

It reminds me I have a couple of shoulders in the freezer, it's bacon makin' season in Canada, cold smoking time, and I haven't made BB bacon in 6 months or so.

Cheers

Nice work there David, it looks amazing!

It reminds me I have a couple of shoulders in the freezer, it's bacon makin' season in Canada, cold smoking time, and I haven't made BB bacon in 6 months or so.

Cheers

Thanks kilo for the comment

It turned out very nice and My buddy who received the big piece was very happy also.

I have more to start in a couple days once it slows down here for the holidays.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky