Father's Day Plans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Pop just passed in what will be 4 weeks to the day from this Father's Day. Great guy. Tons of friends. A career salesman with a mouth that never stopped telling stories.

He absolutely HATED chicken fixed any way, shape, or form, all because of the Navy. He served during the Korean War. According to him, as a Navy enlisted man on aircraft carriers, they'd eat in shifts and the food was served in a trough! He grew up on a farm eating roasted, fried, and pit-Q'd chicken. The colorless, boiled Navy chicken just made him want to gag and ruined him on chicken until the day he passed.

So, no chicken for Father's Day. I'm already eating the tri tips I had originally planned. Pop loved spare ribs, so that's what's now on the menu for this weekend.
So sorry to hear that

IMG_0539.jpg

So far so good ribs a little over done but still taste good

Last edited:
OK---Now I got the Word:
Bear Jr & his wife are going out to eat Saturday for their June 17th Wedding Anniversary (12th).
And they're inviting us for Father's Day Dinner on Sunday, for "Ribeyes & Shrimp"!!
I wonder how they knew I liked that stuff?!?!

Bear

OOOPS!!
Now my Father's Day Dinner got postponed.
Bear Jr got a Bad Cold, and called it off for today.
He said it's not bad, but he didn't want me to get it---My Breathing is Bad enough.
I can wait until next Sunday for my Ribeye & Shrimp.
He'll be fine in a couple days.

Bear

Well the brisket taste good but when my probe reached the internal top of 206 I pulled it let it rest, well long story short was not tender and kind of chewy. I put it back and will use time from here on in. I usually cook a brisket 10 to 12 hours had a issues controlling the temp today I feel being in the sun is not helping at all. If I leave it on 185 it may reach 200 but with he sun jumped to 265 to hot for me. Will let you know soon

Had plans to go to my parents place for a big lunch. My wife requested just last night to change it to our place so our 6mo daughter can nap in her own crib. She’s not been napping great while out and about.

So I went from a plan of takin some smoked apps, to full blown cooking for everyone. 13 people I think. It was my dad’s first time getting to try my smoked food, after he got me the MES for my anniversary.

Went great! Needless to say I didn’t get an ounce of relaxing on my Father’s Day. Haha. But I love cooking so it’s all good!

Made MOINK balls, pork shots, maple sausages, jalapeño and cheddar sausages, a garlic brat coil (all those homemade), and chicken thighs, all on the smoker.

Grilled some pork loin, johnsonvilles, and some hotdogs.

I tell ya the smoke was flying everywhere you looked today!!

Happy father’s day to alll!

Attachments

• D8C73BC5-C8AC-4989-8D9E-00C1193E188B.png
    D8C73BC5-C8AC-4989-8D9E-00C1193E188B.png
    741.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 68527967-66A1-4BE6-8EF6-1C9A0E7B2E12.jpeg
    68527967-66A1-4BE6-8EF6-1C9A0E7B2E12.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 11
Had plans to go to my parents place for a big lunch. My wife requested just last night to change it to our place so our 6mo daughter can nap in her own crib. She’s not been napping great while out and about.

So I went from a plan of takin some smoked apps, to full blown cooking for everyone. 13 people I think. It was my dad’s first time getting to try my smoked food, after he got me the MES for my anniversary.

Went great! Needless to say I didn’t get an ounce of relaxing on my Father’s Day. Haha. But I love cooking so it’s all good!

Made MOINK balls, pork shots, maple sausages, jalapeño and cheddar sausages, a garlic brat coil (all those homemade), and chicken thighs, all on the smoker.

Grilled some pork loin, johnsonvilles, and some hotdogs.

I tell ya the smoke was flying everywhere you looked today!!

Happy father’s day to alll!
Smoker looks good Happy Father's Day

St Louis ribs on the Yoder.JPG

St Louis Ribs sliced.JPG

I'm such an idiot on the pics. So many good smokes. Good job everyone! I decided to go with the ribs. Quick and easy. I wound up doing a 2-1 (2 hours @ 250 in the smoke and 1 hour wrapped). Had to pull em' they were done. So much for that nice bark at the end but you know what? They taste great. Just used straight up Jeff's rub and made a batch of Jeff's sauce (with my own twist). Guys, it don't get much better than that.

Oh, and I might of had a bourbon or two?

Happy Father day everyone
rt

View attachment 367738
View attachment 367739
I'm such an idiot on the pics. So many good smokes. Good job everyone! I decided to go with the ribs. Quick and easy. I wound up doing a 2-1 (2 hours @ 250 in the smoke and 1 hour wrapped). Had to pull em' they were done. So much for that nice bark at the end but you know what? They taste great. Just used straight up Jeff's rub and made a batch of Jeff's sauce (with my own twist). Guys, it don't get much better than that.

Oh, and I might of had a bourbon or two?

Happy Father day everyone
rt
Awesome

Was home made pastrami for me, soaked in water over Friday night, changing water every 4 hours with potatoes, to get some of the salt out of the corned beef, ran about 6 hours at 235-245, pulled at internal 171, wrapped in foil and put in preheated oven at 225 for an hour, came out about 195, mostly a Hickory smoke, with some oak thrown in.

While it was in the oven, ran out to the kitchen store and picked up a Cusinart food slicer gizmo, not a bad little kitchen appliance. Sunday, sliced up the pastrami for a grand pastrami sandwich for Fathers Day lunch. Turned out awesome.

Learning that about 6 hours is my max tolerance, after that I get bored, and just want it done. I did get all my yard work finished while I was smoking, but that only lasted a few hours, then it was just sitting around tending the firebox.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky