Does Anybody

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I made some a while back that we thought was excellent
Salsa Rice Ingredients

• 1 cup long grain rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 2 teaspoons chicken base
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
Salsa Rice Directions

1. Place a boiler pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and rice and sauté rice for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and fragrant
  2. Add salsa, water, and chicken base. Stir to combine and bring to a slight boil.
  3. Reduce heat to low and cover pot for 18-20 minutes.
  4. Season drive with salt and pepper and fluff with fork. Keep warm until ready to serve.

have a recipe for real Spanish Rice?

There are so many versions of this. However, the common element among them is the achiote seed. You can get them whole or ground. If you get them whole, simmer a pack of them on low heat in about a half cup of olive oil. After about 5-10 min of simmer, the oil will turn cherry red. Remove from fire and add about a tablespoon of the oil to your pot just as you're adding the rice. That cherry red oil gives the rice its yellow color during the cook.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I've been a cigarette smoker since '78. With my taste buds being basically shot. I learned long ago that it doesn't pay to put much to put effort into sides and concentrate on the main course. I go the Rice-a-Roni route for rice. Sorry not much help.

Chris

What ya waiting on!!!! Lol! Yes please post this up! Cilantro lime rice can go with sooo many things. Love it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky