Country Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomd8

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 21, 2018
I did a small batch of CSRs using useful tips I've been reading here and Jeff’s rub. I used my manual 30” Masterbuilt and dual probe TP-20. Ribs were smoked for 2 hours, panned with apple juice and BBQ sauce covered for 1 hour. Finally I put them back on the smoker grate and mopped with BBQ sauce for 1.5 more hours for a total of 4.5 hours. I wrapped 2 of the ribs with bacon as a test after seeing how good one member’s post looked using a rotisserie. I kept the smoker temp under 240 and the ribs under 160 deg. I wanted to avoid drying them out like my last batch while making them tender. I have to say this was a success…tender and moist. My daughter, grandkids and I loved them.

CSRsRubbed (876 x 493).jpg

CSRsSMoked (876 x 493).jpg

Looks mighty tasty from here.

Point for sure.

Chris

those look great! i will try the bacon wrap around the CSRs next time i cook them. i usually take mine to 180-185 and never have a moisture problem. i usually get the country style ribs from the shoulder (basically boston butt strips) so im actually trimming fat from them before i cook and still get a lot of rendering. i bet those tasted fantastic!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Thank you for the kind words. Success feels and tastes good! What to smoke next? In the meantime I have a sourdough bread test in my kitchen that I have to proof.

Bear - That is one impressive list of instructionals. I do have some bluefish in the freezer that can use some attention.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky