Country Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomd8

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 21, 2018
I did a small batch of CSRs using useful tips I've been reading here and Jeff’s rub. I used my manual 30” Masterbuilt and dual probe TP-20. Ribs were smoked for 2 hours, panned with apple juice and BBQ sauce covered for 1 hour. Finally I put them back on the smoker grate and mopped with BBQ sauce for 1.5 more hours for a total of 4.5 hours. I wrapped 2 of the ribs with bacon as a test after seeing how good one member’s post looked using a rotisserie. I kept the smoker temp under 240 and the ribs under 160 deg. I wanted to avoid drying them out like my last batch while making them tender. I have to say this was a success…tender and moist. My daughter, grandkids and I loved them.

CSRsRubbed (876 x 493).jpg

CSRsSMoked (876 x 493).jpg

Looks mighty tasty from here.

Point for sure.

Chris

those look great! i will try the bacon wrap around the CSRs next time i cook them. i usually take mine to 180-185 and never have a moisture problem. i usually get the country style ribs from the shoulder (basically boston butt strips) so im actually trimming fat from them before i cook and still get a lot of rendering. i bet those tasted fantastic!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Thank you for the kind words. Success feels and tastes good! What to smoke next? In the meantime I have a sourdough bread test in my kitchen that I have to proof.

Bear - That is one impressive list of instructionals. I do have some bluefish in the freezer that can use some attention.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky