Brian's taco thread gave me the idea for skirt steak fajitas.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
I marinated the skirt steak in lemon, lime, and orange juice. Along with a little cummin, garlic , Maggie seasoning, Worcestershire sauce some red wine vinegar and a blob of honey overnight. Then the morning of the cook I poured the marinade over the bell's, pablano's and onions.

I fired up a bunch of Royal Oak lump on the Weber kettle, when they were white hot I tossed the old stainless steel Weber wok on the coals..
Man this thing gets insanity hot. I cooked the beef about half way then removed it to cook the veggies. When the veggies were almost done I tossed the meat back on to finish it up.

Sorry I don't even try to make pertty plate shots. I am all about the yaste of food nit the looks. Looks have never been an issue for people eating my food.

Ill try to get these in the right order vut doubt it will turn out correctly. LOL.

These turned out really freak'in good. The meat was super tender and the veggies were still nice and crisp. (I hate over done veggies in fajitas.
20210714_164948.jpg
20210714_164955.jpg
20210714_165124.jpg
20210714_170133.jpg
20210714_170823.jpg
20210714_172608.jpg

I made up some pinto beans with pablano,s and onion and a pot of Spanish rice and a quick guac/ avocado smash with onion and cilantro lemon and lime, it all came out awesome everyone loved it..

Thanks for look'in.
Dan

Last edited:
My pretty plate shots are usually displayed in all of their glory on paper plates, you got me beat.

looks delicious by the way

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Looks fantastic!! Don't sweat all the pretty pictures! The food is the most important thing like you mentioned!

• Love
Thank you, it was even better tonight as leftovers.
As for the plates themselves, they are my mother in-laws. I'm more of a Fiesta ware kinda guy.:emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Oh ya baby!! That looks really good Dan. Very well done sir and I'd be a happy camper sitting down to a platter full of that.

Robert

Thank you guy's.

The only thing I would do different is not add the lemon and lime juice to the marinade I'd wait until the day of the cook.

By adding it the night before, the acid kinda cooked the meat in the refer...OOP'S!!!:emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
The only thing I would do different is not add the lemon and lime juice to the marinade I'd wait until the day of the cook.

By adding it the night before, the acid kinda cooked the meat in the refer.
I did Disco's lemon chicken , and did the same thing . Held over night in lemon juice . Changed the texture for sure .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky