Let's Fire Up Some Fajitas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I have been messing around with different combos for my Fajita mix and I got it where I am very happy with it. After all it starts with the mix.

2023_fajitas_001.jpg

Fajita Mix - Updated 9/23/2023

50g salt
25g pepper
30g garlic powder
20g onion powder
3g basil
2g oregano
4g chili powder
4g smoked paprika
5g cumin
3g ground coriander seeds
18g Accent (MSG)

I started with 1.8 Lb skirt steak but my wife walked by and said I want Korean BBQ so 1.3 Lbs it is.

Marinade

1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup worshester sauce
Juice from 2 limes
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
1/2 cup Fajita mix

Marinate for 1 hour before cooking.

Prep the veggies

1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 red jalapenos
1 white onion

All sliced about 1/2" thick except 1/8" for the jalapenos.

I had started up the pit with cowboy charcoal then added Red Oak and Mesquite.

2023_fajitas_003.jpg

While that was going I started the veggies on low heat with just a bit of oil in the pan.

2023_fajitas_002.jpg

When the meat is done let it rest a bit until the veggies are ready.

2023_fajitas_004.jpg

Then add the meat along with more Fajita mix, 1/2 bush of celantro finely diced, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple minced and juice from one lime.

2023_fajitas_005.jpg

The final plate along with Tostito scoops and the Pit Fired Salsa I made yesterday.

2023_fajitas_006.jpg

Last edited:
That looks delicious! I'm going to use your recipe. Quite often I can't find the packets of Fajita mix. And haven't seen burrito spice packs in a long while.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
We went thru the first batch quicker that expected. My wife really liked it. I still had a lot of the meat left so I sliced it up and cut up some more veg for round two. indaswamp indaswamp I added 3g of ground coriander seed to the mix and it did make a difference we both like. I also added more minced pineapple. I will update the ingredients in the OP.

2023_fajitas_007.jpg

Just one large one this time with a side of Rigato Mix.

2023_fajitas_008.jpg

Those are some fine looking fajitas right there Chris. Absolutely perfect. you know we love our Mexican food around here so those would be a huge hit. Very nice job sir.

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I don't usually like to make the same thing too often but those last ones were so great I had to make them again. This time just slightly different. The marinade and veggies were the same.

2023_fajitas_010.jpg

But this time I made them into tacos. Deep fried corn tortillas and added cheese, avocado and pineapple slices. They were so good.

2023_fajitas_009.jpg

I don't usually like to make the same thing too often but those last ones were so great I had to make them again. This time just slightly different. The marinade and veggies were the same.

View attachment 677660

But this time I made them into tacos. Deep fried corn tortillas and added cheese, avocado and pineapple slices. They were so good.

View attachment 677661
Yes Yes and YES!!!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I ran out of my fajita mix so I had to look here to get my recipe and make more.

2024_fajita_mix_001.jpg

I started the new year by upping the meat to Angus Skirt strips. It was worth the extra price. I have enough to make many more. I also changed to a Sonoran style of tortillas from Vallarta.

This is before wrapping it up.

2024_fajita_mix_002.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
W
I have been messing around with different combos for my Fajita mix and I got it where I am very happy with it. After all it starts with the mix.

View attachment 676668

Fajita Mix - Updated 9/23/2023

50g salt
25g pepper
30g garlic powder
20g onion powder
3g basil
2g oregano
4g chili powder
4g smoked paprika
5g cumin
3g ground coriander seeds
18g Accent (MSG)

I started with 1.8 Lb skirt steak but my wife walked by and said I want Korean BBQ so 1.3 Lbs it is.

Marinade

1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup worshester sauce
Juice from 2 limes
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
1/2 cup Fajita mix

Marinate for 1 hour before cooking.

Prep the veggies

1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 red jalapenos
1 white onion

All sliced about 1/2" thick except 1/8" for the jalapenos.

I had started up the pit with cowboy charcoal then added Red Oak and Mesquite.

View attachment 676669

While that was going I started the veggies on low heat with just a bit of oil in the pan.

View attachment 676670

When the meat is done let it rest a bit until the veggies are ready.

View attachment 676673

Then add the meat along with more Fajita mix, 1/2 bush of celantro finely diced, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple minced and juice from one lime.

View attachment 676671

The final plate along with Tostito scoops and the Pit Fired Salsa I made yesterday.

View attachment 676672
wow this looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky