Beef prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes, my wife loves Topaz. We go to Cooper's Hawk and Eddie Merlot's too.

Glad prices are coming down. We should try to get together and talk barbecue sometime.

Funny - My wife and daughter had dinner last night at Eddie Merlot's. I didn't join them because I met a client for dinner in Oak Brook.

Regarding the Oak Brook Costco, I was there a couple years ago when I first discovered that they sold gasoline, and that the prices were pretty attractive. When I asked a couple of the attendants what gasoline they sold they said that they didn't know anything except that it came from various distributors or refineries in the area. The engines in both of our cars are what one would classify as "High Performance" so I'm pretty picky about the gas I buy, especially when I can't identify the brand so I took a pass.

You're right, we should get together sometime. Send me a PM when it's convenient and we'll try to work something out.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I knew the price was up but when I went to Costco to pick up some rib steaks and saw the price was $ 26.99 per pound I chit my pants !!! Looks like chicken for dinner again.

Reactions: ConrodM
What part?
Depends on where our daughter moves too. We are going there in January to check it out. I don't want to live in any big city. She will be working at the University Hospital. I would love to fish for the BIG catfish and I don't know where to hunt but I love whitetail deer. The humidity is going to be a big learning curve for us and the growing season vs California zone 9

That's ridiculous. Sorry but it really is.
He’s a ridiculous person. Yep- he locks down and mandates masks for everyone but since he is “sophisticated” it doesn’t apply to him. Bro, I’m tired of the “higher ups” thinking they can make rules for everyone else’s lifestyle that don’t apply to them. Let them keep going and we all will be working for them not them working for us as it was setup to be.

Looks like beef prices are going to go almost through the roof again, they have already gone up quite a bit here at wholesale level just from last week, sounds like could last around 2 months. Hopefully my information is wrong.
Thursday is my my meat shopping day. guess I'll see and load the freezer if appropriate. thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: ConrodM
smokerjim smokerjim nailed it on the beef prices going back through the roof.
unfortunately the information was correct i'll be talking to one of my main meat suppliers tomorrow i'll find out how long this will last 0r are they going to continue to rise, they have seemed to flatten out some this week, hopefully i'll have some good news for everyone but don't hold your breaths.

Pork is relatively cheap, but China controls the vast majority of it in America. That'll probably be what's on sale for Labor Day, that and hotdogs, maybe some burger.

I try to buy in bulk when I see a deal as long as I have the space. Last week Kroger had 80/20 burger in 5 lb. chubs for $9.95/each. It wasn't labeled ground chuck, just ground beef. I bought 3 rolls for whatever may come along and vacuum sealed it in 1 lb. packs. If nothing else, I can make meatloaf or spaghetti.

I buy most of my pork from a very small local operation, but there's never enough of things like ribs and butt/shoulders, so I have to supplement it from a grocer. I try to avoid Smithfield products because of the owner. Food Lion sells Swift Premium pork products.

Gas is in the $2.65/gal range here. Diesel is ~$3.00/gal. and I drive an F250 diesel, that sucks...
our local "meat place" and i use the term loosely, has a "sale" on 70/30 ground "chuck" as hey call it this week for $4.99/lb this week. in 5lb increments. it has been $3.49 for the same all summer. we buy and seal 1.25 lb increments for the freezer for sauces and tacos/enchiladas.

our local "meat place" and i use the term loosely, has a "sale" on 70/30 ground "chuck" as hey call it this week for $4.99/lb this week. in 5lb increments. it has been $3.49 for the same all summer. we buy and seal 1.25 lb increments for the freezer for sauces and tacos/enchiladas.
I have been doing the same, Costco had it around $2.99 most of the summer, I am afraid of what is now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky