Baby Backs for Company w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
So over the weekend we hosted some company, my wife's niece and her husband. we had them up for mother's day to visit my wife's mother. We debated over where to take them to eat and eventually decided that since baby backs were on sale we could just do ribs and a home cooked meal for them. so i smoked two racks and here is the process...

Here they just rubbed

I used Butcher BBQ Wild Cherry Seasoning

Here are the racks after sitting in the fridge overnight

I put them on the smoker on the end away from the fire box

smoked them at 235-325 degrees.. the smoker kept getting hot

and i would open the cook chamber cool it off and then close it

and let it heat back up and did that for about an hour.

apparently i built a bigger fire than i meant to.

After 2.5 hours of heat and smoke i covered them in two layers

of Sweet baby rays hickory and brown sugar sauce and

let them stay on the smoker for 30 more minute. then they were done

Thanks for looking! we had a great mother's day meal with roasted potatoes and candied carrots and watermelon for dessert. I didn't get a shot of everything else i was too hungry to remember the camera!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Great looking ribs Aaron!  Nice adaptation to the temp issues.   
points1.png

What did your guests think of the ribs?

Great looking ribs Aaron!  Nice adaptation to the temp issues.   
points1.png

What did your guests think of the ribs?
Thank you! -- you have to work for good eats sometimes!

My nice and nephew ate half a rack a piece! they loved them. they said they were glad we cooked for them instead of going out. both of them are in the Navy so it was good to feed family esp ones who serve their country!

Thanks!

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky